Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

if you were a teen mom, how did you afford your kid? did you live off welfare, the father, or make your parents pay for your mess?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM

we had our own house, own car. he worked full time, i stayed at home. i graduated already

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I was 15, the father was not in our lives, and never will be, I wasn't on welfare though, my parents paid for everything and supported us both fully until I was 18 and moved out, and supported us on my own. 

MommieSDW
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I had a job *gasp!*
Now I'm married and my husband makes enough for me to stay home.  

moonlitnitz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I had the same job since i was 16 so i didnt need help from my mom or welfare. I was 18 when ds was born
Corrylove
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
First of all my son was not considered a mess.. His dad worked.. We had our own place and paid for our own food..what a Shitty way to put it:))))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Geez OP...sounds like you are prepared for a nice little fighting post with that attitude against teen moms already. Got the CAPS Lock ready?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I was on welfare for a year while I went to a trade school then I got a job. My daughter is 21 now and I haven't been on assistance since she was about 15 months old. I am proud of the fact that I used the system for what it was meant to be used for, but I absolutely do not advocate teen pregnancy. It was very hard and as much as I love my wonderful daughter, I missed out on a lot. I am so happy that she is working, going to school and living a fun child free life right now. I am very proud a the woman the has become.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

i got a job and took care of my kid myself. I was 17 when i had her, yea i receive foodstamp. I had my own house and i did everything myself, i got my GED while iwas pregnant and by the time she was born i had a job. and so what if a teen mom lives with her parent, she isn't making her parent pay for her mess, sometimes they choose to do it because it is their grandchild.

shell3m
by Shell on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

my best friend went to school AND worked and payed her parents rent money and provided for her son. 

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

O.o Take responsibility for your post. Hiding on Anon. tsk tsk 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)