Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I ask you all a huge favor.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know that life gets crazy. I know when you're driving that sometimes u are on a time crunch. That it migh seem "easier" or "faster" to make a rash decision. But PLEASE, PLEASE don't. I u miss ur exit, or need to turn around, do so safely. Do so with patience and understanding. Because there are other people on the road and you're rash choice or "easy" choice, could lead to a horrible outcome.

As you may well assume from my post, I was involved in an accident yesterday. It was not my fault in any way. The driver that smashed into me was making a very stupid choice and was not paying attention. Although, I believe he was also on his cell phone (so please don't text or call while driving either). I was lucky enough not to have my two children in the car, thank God, and walked away w/o seriously physical injury (my back and head hurt quite a bit though). However, my mental health is very much shaken. The flash backs are taking over, and I can't drive without shaking and crying. Every little thing scares me on the roads and I'm very afraid of driving again. My brand new $30000 car is not drivable and is in the shop and will take mostly likely up to 3 weeks to be returned to me.

So please, please drive safely with the though of others in mind. Being late, or driving irrationally is not a reason to risk someone else's life or anything else.

Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMysteriouss
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I agree.

My 19 year old son rolled my new car on the expressway back in October due to another negligent driver. My car was totaled, Thank God my son walked away with no injuries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
amen!!! glad ur ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I'm so glad you're alright.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Glad you are ok hun
felisss
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Very true. Did you see the doctor about your back and head pain? It should be better checked...

rhope4
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Agreed. A stupid decision cost my mother her life over 35 years ago and should have killed all of us. The bus crossed the center stripe, and although I was a kid, I am always watching the oncoming traffic closer than I probably would had that accident not happened. Glad you are okay! See if you can get help because this sounds like post traumatic stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I agree! Glad you're ok!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I am going in the morning. I was way too shaken up to do anything for the last 24 hours. :(
I'm in so much pain though, I have to have it looked at.

Quoting felisss:

Very true. Did you see the doctor about your back and head pain? It should be better checked...

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM

*** Gentle hugs ****  Sorry you're going through that.  Take some time to pamper yourself a little.  Can you take a few mental health days from work to just relax?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I believe that is what it is. My whole family is watching me like a hawk. I need to see my psychologist Monday. This is really starting to mess with me. :(

Quoting rhope4:

Agreed. A stupid decision cost my mother her life over 35 years ago and should have killed all of us. The bus crossed the center stripe, and although I was a kid, I am always watching the oncoming traffic closer than I probably would had that accident not happened. Glad you are okay! See if you can get help because this sounds like post traumatic stress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN