Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people get upset when...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

they don't receive an invitation to a birthday party, baby shower, housewarming etc.

One of the girl's at work was talking about how she's having a housewarming. Another one of the girl's  made the comment "We didn't get invited" We, as in her and I. I personally don't care. I just told the person having the party that it was a great idea and hopefully they will get alot of the things that she needs and moved on.

Maybe the problem the one lady was having was the fact that everyone else received an invitation but us.

What do you think?  Would you get upset if it was you that didn't get invited?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
If it was a close friend or family member yea I probably would but not a random coworker.
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Depends on how I viewed the relationship. If I thought we were friends, then yes I'd be hurt, if she was just a co-worker, than no I wouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I agree. I'm not really upset about it because I've had functions that no one knew of in the past and NO ONE received an invitation.  Maybe the girl having the get together should have told the others not to mention that they got an invitation. This way you are considering other people's feelings.  

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was a close friend or family member yea I probably would but not a random coworker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM

If literally everyone was invited except for the 2 of you I'd assume the lady having the party doesn't like you. But I'm with you, I wouldn't give a shit lol. I don't like most people anyway, I stay civil and polite while going off to do my own thing. The other co-worker is taking it as a personal insult because she wants to be liked by that woman.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Would I be upset? No, but I would wonder why the two of you were the only ones not invited.

IMO, it's a little rude if it's a known housewarming party to not invite all the co-workers.

waffa
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM

co-worker? I don't give a flying f*#k, aint my friend just forced to be together on a daily basis based on hiring.

real friend? hellzyeah I'd be upset and reevaluating the friendship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Same here. I am polite and cordial. That's it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If literally everyone was invited except for the 2 of you I'd assume the lady having the party doesn't like you. But I'm with you, I wouldn't give a shit lol. I don't like most people anyway, I stay civil and polite while going off to do my own thing. The other co-worker is taking it as a personal insult because she wants to be liked by that woman.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Would I be upset? No, but I would wonder why the two of you were the only ones not invited.

This.. It's a little rude to exclude just TWO co-workers.. at that point, I would have just invited everyone.. ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

That's exactly what I had mentioned earlier. The other girl would not have known if that person wasn't talking about it to people she did invite. My thoughts was 1) She's just a coworker and 2) I can keep my money in my pocket -- no invitation means you don't have to spend money on that person. LOL

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

IMO, it's a little rude if it's a known housewarming party to not invite all the co-workers.

lilybud1120
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
If it was a close friend, or family member I would be hurt. But not sometime I worked with or an acquaintance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)