Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do you even care

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why do people get so mad when they hear someone say they are on PA or are getting EIC on their tax return. . Why do some people go out of their way to find out if someone is using food stamp to buy their food with. I mean like looking into people carts and watching how they pay.

I read about 5 post sometimes more a day concerning PA or EIC tax return. It like you women hate people who get any type of help, it is like you (general) think anyone getting is help is scum of the earth.

I know this beating a deadhorse.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-19):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Because some people just have to have something to lord over others and make themselves feel superior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
paying for your food with with EBT isn't waving it around, it is paying for your food and if people mind their own damn business and not watch how other paid for their food then they wouldn't know to have something to bitch about. Not every store has a self check out and even if they did, someone who get PA shouldn't have to hide because some self absorb bitches have an issues with it.
Quoting illinoismommy83:

No one needs to announce on the internet that they receive welfare. No one needs to be flashing their food stamp card around making a scene at the check out. If someone makes a bad choice and announces their financials to the world then they need to deal with the crap that comes with it.

If I had a food stamp card I'd quietly check out using the self check out. No one would know. Then again, I don't waive my debit card around for all to see either. I never understood it. The only time I have argued with a clerk about NSF is at the eye doctor. Apparently my bank gives you a $1000 per day transaction limit for "safety" and you have to call to get it lifted. And of course, you can't do that on Saturday after noon when the bank office is closed. :(

Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I don't hate the people, I hate the attitude that it's all right to suck off the working people and then come out here and brag about it.  It's one thing to help people who truly need it, it's quite another to be forced to support lazy layabouts who think they're entitled to sit on their butts with their hands out and have other people provide their livings for them, and then call the working people "greedy" and "selfish" for resenting them for it, when the ones who are truly greedy and selfish are those who refuse to work for themselves and instead expect others to do it for them. 

And I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm all for credits that help the poorest reduce their tax burden to zero, but once they reach zero, they should NOT receive refunds of any more than they actually paid into the system.  If you paid $1200 in, it's fine to get that $1200 back, but there's no way in hell they should be getting $10k or more when they didn't pay that much in.  That crap is what is driving this country into the poorhouse.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I agree but the ppl who fall on hard times are just as angry about the lifers...but yet they are all lumped together...

Quoting wkukid:

Alot of people make a lifestyle of it. There are always gonna be people who fell on hard times for three months or so. Those aren't the people that cause the anger. It's the lifers.

Quoting Anonymous:

most people who get pa get food stamp and medicaid, everything else they pay for and even though they are getting PA doesn't mean they are the scum of the earth, sometimes they just feel on hard times and are trying to dig themselves out of a hole.
Quoting wkukid:

Because most people that earn everything they get don't like the concept of others getting everything for free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM
People are mad about the amount of abuse that is running rampant right now. Nothing is "free" other people are paying for it. That's one reason our economy sucks.

I, personally, am never aware of how people ahead of me in line at the grocery store are paying for it.
I don't pay attention to that, and even if I did, I don't know their story.

People that really need assistance for a limited time should use it. I am happy out country has that available.

Again, it's the abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

The problem is, is that everyone assumes that you are a lifer if they find out you get PA, even if it has only been temporary, and then they go off telling you to get off you lazy ass and find a job, when 90% of the people do have jobs, it is just jobs that don't pay that much. There is only so much a person can do, you can't force someone to give you a job that pay better. Everyone i have even know who were on PA would have given anything to get off of it, the medicaid, foodstamp, all of it just to make more money and not have to struggle anymore. The feeling is not a good one, the feeling that you don't know how you are going to get school clothes for your kids, or school shoes or putting off hair cuts simply because you can't afford it, itsn't a good feeling at all. and yes i know because i am in the situation right now. I hate it.

Quoting wkukid:

Alot of people make a lifestyle of it. There are always gonna be people who fell on hard times for three months or so. Those aren't the people that cause the anger. It's the lifers.

Quoting Anonymous:

most people who get pa get food stamp and medicaid, everything else they pay for and even though they are getting PA doesn't mean they are the scum of the earth, sometimes they just feel on hard times and are trying to dig themselves out of a hole.
Quoting wkukid:

Because most people that earn everything they get don't like the concept of others getting everything for free.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

That's part of life though. If you belong to a group, aka PA receivers, you are going t be lumped with the worst of them.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I agree but the ppl who fall on hard times are just as angry about the lifers...but yet they are all lumped together...

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I hate to tell you this, but the number isn't that high. You would be shocked at how many people have completely unneeded and dumb reasons for getting PA. A lady on here earlier said she was quitting her job because she didn't want to put her kid in daycare. She actually said she had to go on PA because she refused to do so. It's the people like that that make the ones who do need it look bad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem is, is that everyone assumes that you are a lifer if they find out you get PA, even if it has only been temporary, and then they go off telling you to get off you lazy ass and find a job, when 90% of the people do have jobs, it is just jobs that don't pay that much. There is only so much a person can do, you can't force someone to give you a job that pay better. Everyone i have even know who were on PA would have given anything to get off of it, the medicaid, foodstamp, all of it just to make more money and not have to struggle anymore. The feeling is not a good one, the feeling that you don't know how you are going to get school clothes for your kids, or school shoes or putting off hair cuts simply because you can't afford it, itsn't a good feeling at all. and yes i know because i am in the situation right now. I hate it.

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM

why do people on FS and/or getting EIC feel the need to announce it?? Do they go around to strangers IRL  and say "I'm on PA. I'm getting an EIC".................doubtful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured