Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

peanut allergy?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Before the snarky snobs come in here telling to make an appt, my Dr's office is closed for Sunday and I will be calling at 830 to make an appointment. 

Ava gets eczema due to dairy. We are a vegan family so there is zero dairy in our diet. She hasn't been to her father's in a couple of weeks (he gives her dairy despite. Her dr's orders).

A few times she has gotten an odd rash that kind of looks like when you have been under hot of water in the shower. I thought it was environmental, maybe the carpet or fragrance. Today, the rash covered her whole legs, her bum, and parts of her arms and back. No fever, no complaints when I touched it, not bumpy or raised. So I wrote down everything she ate today and the only allergen that came up was ho ey roasted peanuts. Last time she had this rash (but a lot smaller) was a day I made a quick lunch of pbnj. She only ate like 1/4 of it. 

So now I am thinking she has a mild peanut allergy. Anyone w experience w peanut allergies? Of course I am completely out of benedryl and cvs closes at 9. I discovered the rash at 10, 3 hours after eating her last handul of peanuts.

Photobucket

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Groove
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Bump

Groove
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My daughter gets really rosey cheeks whenever she has peanut butter. She has tested negative to peanut allergy both skin test and blood test. But because she has this reaction we were advised by the allergist to not let her have peanuts in any form and we have epi pens just in case.
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My son has a peanut allergy. He started eating peanut butter after he turned one. He loved pb&j sandwiches and ate them all the time. One day, when he was 18 months, I made him a pb&j sandwich for lunch, gave it to him, and walked back in to the kitchen. A couple of minutes after giving it to him, I heard an odd sound coming from his high chair. I looked over and his head was as big as the back of the high chair, he had hives all over his body, and he had a weird look on his face. We rushed him to the ER, which is 4 minutes door to door. His throat was closing and his eyes had swollen shut by the time we got there. It was, hands down, the scariest day of our life. He had to have 2 shots in his thighs to bring him down and steroids for a week. We now live with an epipen strapped to us at all times. Peanut allergies are nothing to mess with, and they get progressively worse with every exposure. If you believe that that is what is going on, pull all peanuts/tree nuts from her diet and have her tested immediately. Peanut allergies are life threatening. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)