Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg I'm so scared and freaking out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Dh and decided to go back to school this year. We thought since we started our school in January we wouldn't have to worry about our school sending us money. So we filed our taxes today our school sends us a form that has says we were students in 2012. So we have to amend our return and I'm freaking out. I don't know what expect. Has anyone ever had to do a amended return? If so how did it turn our?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Did you receive the money in 2012? If not, your return shouldn't change that much, if at all.
Aleta775
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Meh. We've had to do it before. It wasn't that hard to do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I just got my check today. The school did credits for my classes and did a book credi. I thought nothing of this. I'm so scared they are going penalize me to death. I can't declare student since I didn't become one till this year 2013.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you receive the money in 2012? If not, your return shouldn't change that much, if at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Did they penalize you a lot? I'm so scared of the IRS.

Quoting Aleta775:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Bump
Aleta775
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM

It depends on the mistake. It doesn't sound like you guys made a big one, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aleta775:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM

stop freaking out it won't be that big of a deal.  you just fill out an amended form.  taxes aren't even due until april 13.  if you've already done your 2012 taxes & received a refund, then just do an amended return..  it may or may not change your refund.  it may only change it by a small amount.  they won't penalize you within the same tax year. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just got my check today. The school did credits for my classes and did a book credi. I thought nothing of this. I'm so scared they are going penalize me to death. I can't declare student since I didn't become one till this year 2013.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Should I call them Monday? They aren't going to like charge me like 5 k or something crazy like that?

Quoting Aleta775:

It depends on the mistake. It doesn't sound like you guys made a big one, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aleta775:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)