Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it safe to say that if you've fallen out of love...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
You never really loved the person?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I don't think so. Things happen, people change.
vboatner
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Depends on what the reason you "fell out of love" was I think. But I do think that it is possible to fall out of love with someone, just as it is to fall in love with someone. I also believe that it is possible to be in love with more than one person at the same time. Every person is different and so is their version/opinion of love.

FL2AK
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM

No.  There are many reasons that a person might feel like they have fallen out of love.  I think it is possible to get those feelings back.

The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yes, I'd say so.

LaughingCheetah
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
To OP...no I don't think so. To the lady I quoted....DH and I went through some serious issues last year. I felt like I didn't love him anymore and that our flame died out. I almost left, but something just told me not to. It took a ton of work and it wasn't easy, but we got it back! I am so glad I didn't run away from our issues and instead worked them out. In the long run...we are stronger as a couple now more than we ever were before!

Quoting FL2AK:

No.  There are many reasons that a person might feel like they have fallen out of love.  I think it is possible to get those feelings back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM

That is great that you two stayed together and made it work.  

Quoting LaughingCheetah:

To OP...no I don't think so. To the lady I quoted....DH and I went through some serious issues last year. I felt like I didn't love him anymore and that our flame died out. I almost left, but something just told me not to. It took a ton of work and it wasn't easy, but we got it back! I am so glad I didn't run away from our issues and instead worked them out. In the long run...we are stronger as a couple now more than we ever were before!

Quoting FL2AK:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I honestly think that phrase is a sad excuse to end a relationship because it is generally used when there is another person in the picture rather an affair has already occured or you've been tempted.

ArianEponae
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No and yes...Sometimes the way a person grows and changes over the years can make them into someone you don't love. You love who they were, but not who they've become
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am not having an affair. There is no one in the picture. I have zero romantic/sexual attraction towards my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly think that phrase is a sad excuse to end a relationship because it is generally used when there is another person in the picture rather an affair has already occured or you've been tempted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I still feel that people use that phase as an excuse. I have had it used on me and watched my fil use it on mother in law then get back with her six months later.  I truely feel that marriage is like having a full time job you have to work to keep the spark. it doesn't just stick around. I love my dh with all my heart, but sometimes I know we need to do more for us becasue i feel a disconnection but I know it is simply because of lack of trying. Now sometimes men can do things to make us hate them despise them. I just think once you love someone you will always love them unless they abuse you i can see losing all feelings for them at that point, but I do not have a serious ex that i can say when the relationship ended I didn't still love them I just knew we weren't right for each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not having an affair. There is no one in the picture. I have zero romantic/sexual attraction towards my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)