Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do I do?!?!?!?! Shes crying soo bad! UPDATE UPDATE 2

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 65 Replies

DD9 has been complaining of an earache since about 5 tonight. I gave her motrin and that seemed to help. She went to bed and woke up an hour ago complaining it hurts realllllly bad. Id take her to the ER but I have no car right now bc its in the shop. I also have no phone to call anyone bc it got stolen.  Other than motrin what can I do for her?? I hate seeing my babe in pain :(

UPDATE:

Last night we tried the warm wash rag and rice in a sock. She prefered the warm rag but would wake up frequently. She unfortunatly also started throwing up. :( My Grandma came by and I called the nurse in the ER and she said to try to rotate the tylenol and motrin (which I knew but I had no way to get tylenol) So Grandma went to get Tylenol, and we have been rotating that and shes been fine as far as pain but is still throwing up. Tomorrow we will be going in first thing in the morning to see the doc. Thank you all sooo much for your tips and tricks. Like I said she is 9 and my said is 4 and both have had chronic infections in their ear but I have never been stuck at home with no phone before, so Im soo glad I had CM to turn to!:) I pretty much pulled an all nighter and Im beyong exhausted!!!!! Hopefully tonight will be much easier:)

Update 2

We went to the Doctor this morning, and her ear canal was swollen shut. They put a "wick" in her ear so that way ear drops can get into it to clear up the infection. Itll stay in there for 2-3 days and then I gotta take her back to get it removed. Cross your fingers, pray, send good thoughts whatever you do.. that thhis works:) THank you!:)

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Warm rag or a heating pad on low with alternating Tylenol and Motrin should get her through tonight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Heat a baggie of rice in the microwave, wrap in a cloth and have her rest her ear on it. That always helped me. Or a heating pad if you have one. Heat will sooth it. 

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Warm rag or a heating pad on low with alternating Tylenol and Motrin should get her through tonight.

Shes laying on one now... so we will see! THANK YOU!

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Swimmer ear drops work well...tag team motrin and tylenol...also put cotton balls in the sore ears...my son gets frequent ear infections but they r spaced just enough that they don't want to do tubes...the above is what works best for us until we r able to get him seen...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My middle DD was complaining about an earache for several days. We took her to Urgent Care and it turned out to be her molars coming in (12 year old molars). She was miserable for a few days.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm garlic oil ? I'd say if she's in that much pain she really should be seen by a dr. They can prescribe pain relief drops that go in her ear.
aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM

what they said.

lovemymd
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Go to the neighbor ask to use the phone and call someone for help worse come to worse call 911 they will take her right to ER poor baby don't let her suffer it needs to be taken care of sooner or later
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
awe man :(
bump!

you have internet, maybe you can see whos online? idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)