Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really ashamed of myself.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got sick with walking pnemonia about 4 weeks ago, then my 3 kids took turns getting sick, followd by my dh.  I'm so weak and tired from being sick and taking care of everybody else that my house went to hell in a hand basket, clothes all over dirty dishes scummy tub, nasty litter box floors have sticky spots.  My mom told me to clean it up or she was going to call CPS, so I asked her to watch them today so I could blitz it, I got the kitchen living room and bathroom clean including the cat box, the kids room and our room still needs work. Hopefully I can catch up tomorrow.  I'm sorry I let it get that way, but I had no help.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM

She is fine with my kids, I have asked my now 11 year old all the time if she has ever called them a name when they spill something or gets overly excited when their rooms there are a mess (she has a room at her house for each kid.) and he says no, I think my Step Dad keeps her in check, she was an obsessive neat freak as I was growing up, I think her acidic toungue is only for me.  Sometimes I wish she had never adopted me, did she think a 4 year old was never going to be messy.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a bwitch! I guess at least she'll watch your kids, but how is she with them? Like she's never been sick, did you ask her how it felt to be effing perfect lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Possibly empty threat, but said in a very critical judgemental tone, not a joking one at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your mom was joking with you, or was really going to call?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Time to take out the trash...your mother.Seriously,who says that to their kid?smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Yikes I'm sorry at least she learned with you, my dad was completely absent through my childhood even though he was a single dad. now he's amazing to my kids! Like wtf but at least they have fun with the grandparent lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She is fine with my kids, I have asked my now 11 year old all the time if she has ever called them a name when they spill something or gets overly excited when their rooms there are a mess (she has a room at her house for each kid.) and he says no, I think my Step Dad keeps her in check, she was an obsessive neat freak as I was growing up, I think her acidic toungue is only for me.  Sometimes I wish she had never adopted me, did she think a 4 year old was never going to be messy.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a bwitch! I guess at least she'll watch your kids, but how is she with them? Like she's never been sick, did you ask her how it felt to be effing perfect lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Possibly empty threat, but said in a very critical judgemental tone, not a joking one at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your mom was joking with you, or was really going to call?

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Well your husband was working then at least you shouldve done the bare minimum. Throw all dishwasher safe items in the dish washer. Do a quick wipedown of counters/tables. Throw a load in the washer. Those things will take literally 10 minutes to do. I think your mom is insane for telling you she would call CPS. I have had my moments when I was ill that I let my apartment get bad. But I have also suffer from a chronic disease that caused multiple infections for two years straight before I found the right meds. Pneumonia is rough. If you are that sick don't be afraid to ask for help either. Hope you all feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MeeshMom:

How about your lazy husband and your bitch mom offer a helping hand. You should not be left to feel ashamed. You were sick for gods sake!

I guess I'm lazier than DH cause he was working while sick it wasn't pnemonia but was upper respitory. 

andiecheyenne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I'm sorry your mom is like that.. she should have helped if she was that worried about it. I love the comments that your dh should have helped.. Smh. I hope y'all are feeling better! Hugs mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Actually I am the type of the woman that is respected because I don't whine and I take care of my responsibilities and don't make excuses. If you were feeling sick, you should have gotten your ass to the doctor before it got to the point it did.  Most MOM's I know are capeable of handling being sick and at least keeping the house clean enough where there isn't cat shit coming out of an overflowing litter box......  Sure, you may not be feeling well but as an adult and a mother, it is just plain disgusting to let your house get to that point... it is a hazard to your child.  Nasty pig.

Quoting KrissyKC:

And you are the type of woman who will grow up and threaten to call CPS on her own daughter instead of coming over to lend a hand, or hiring merry maids to come help for a day...

No, you'll be ignorant and judgemental and your own daughter will someday decide to have nothing to do with you.

Then you will be an old lady sitting in your messy house because you will be old and no one will want to help YOU clean it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to the freaking real world. You will get sick but to let your house get that disgusting... you deserve to have the kids taken away.   Was your husband working while you were sick and the kids were sick? SOmeone had to be paying the bills.... grow up and learn to push through being sick.

boo hoo... i have pneumonia.......... you aren't the first honey and you aren't the last. I am in a wheelchair, use of one arm... four kids and my house is NEVER like that and I bet my pain at it's lowest is way worse than anything you were feeling while you were sick.

Neuro
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM
And then people like your Mom wonder why CPS is stretched so thin and is often so ineffective, because people call them over stupid shit like a messy house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM

your mom sounds like a bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually I am the type of the woman that is respected because I don't whine and I take care of my responsibilities and don't make excuses. If you were feeling sick, you should have gotten your ass to the doctor before it got to the point it did.  Most MOM's I know are capeable of handling being sick and at least keeping the house clean enough where there isn't cat shit coming out of an overflowing litter box......  Sure, you may not be feeling well but as an adult and a mother, it is just plain disgusting to let your house get to that point... it is a hazard to your child.  Nasty pig.

Quoting KrissyKC:

And you are the type of woman who will grow up and threaten to call CPS on her own daughter instead of coming over to lend a hand, or hiring merry maids to come help for a day...

No, you'll be ignorant and judgemental and your own daughter will someday decide to have nothing to do with you.

Then you will be an old lady sitting in your messy house because you will be old and no one will want to help YOU clean it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Welcome to the freaking real world. You will get sick but to let your house get that disgusting... you deserve to have the kids taken away.   Was your husband working while you were sick and the kids were sick? SOmeone had to be paying the bills.... grow up and learn to push through being sick.

boo hoo... i have pneumonia.......... you aren't the first honey and you aren't the last. I am in a wheelchair, use of one arm... four kids and my house is NEVER like that and I bet my pain at it's lowest is way worse than anything you were feeling while you were sick.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 AM

You were sick and your mom is a bitch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN