Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you happy you have siblings? If you don't have any, do you wish you did?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
For those of you who have siblings, are you glad you do? Do you get along well? If you don't have any, do you wish you did? I have siblings and so does DH. We're close and I'm so glad I have them and it's something my DH and I both wanted to give our kids as well. We would never want them to be an only.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Yes. I'm happy about it. I get along well with my three siblings. My daughter is currently a singleton and I wonder if I'll have another or not, it's very up in the air. I would like her to have a sibling, but I don't know if she'll miss it if she never had it.. you know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Yes I am very glad to have my sister and we are super close.  We have definitely had our fights throughout the years but I don't no what I would do without her.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I'm an only, no I'm not unhappy it was a good childhood and an even better teen years as an only.

At 16 I found my half brother he was 19, we've been friends all this time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Im an only child. No step siblings ever, either. I couldn't really care less. I'm not a real big family person. Never bothered me as a kid, and not now either.
blancavazquez
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I have a brother and a sister (from my mom's 1st marriage) I'm the youngest out of us three, I do not talk to them and do not want anything to do with them, I always say that I'm adopted. I rather not be related to them in any way. Now from my dad's side I have two sisters and three brother's from his first and second marriage, (I was the bastard you could say, my mother was "the other one" during his 2nd marriage) I do not talk to his 2 youngest boys because I don't know them, but I get along with my other brother and two sisters, I love them tons and couldn't imagine my life without them :) 

Aleta775
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Yes and no. I have an older brother. I love him, but we get on each other's nerves and it has been that way with us for several years now. He pestered me a lot when we were kids and he was very competitive. Some times he drove me nuts. 

I have an only child. I will not have anymore. 

TashaB82
by Tootie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I wish my brother was, idk the word, but hes in prison and thats where hes been pretty much always. So yeah.. My sister, i wouldnt change her unless I could take away her disabilities so she could live a normal life. I do have a half sister who is 21 years younger than me and I wish we were closer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM

We were somewhat close when we were kids then divorce struck and I was placed as "mom" then my sibs didn't like me and havent since I was about 13. Hey, I'm sorry I was placed in that position without preparation. What should I have done different??(Like I had a choice)

vboatner
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Most days I am happy and we get a long. JK. I am happy that I have siblings. But no we do not always get along. But then again, there are 5 of us!!

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I have a younger brother. We never really got along til we were adults. Now were really close and my ds adores his Uncle Justin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)