Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Pray For Jacob

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My son is in religion class with another 2nd grader Jacob who at the age of 5 was diagnosed with stage 4 anaplastic Wilm's Tumor. He underwent surgery to remove the tumor and on of his kidneys . The cancer had spread to both of his lungs and adrenal glands. Jacob underwent a regimen of chemotherapy and radiation a and finished treatments in august  2012.

March 2012 the cancer returned in his lung and had 16 more weeks of chemo followed vy a stem cell transplant that was completed in august 2012

January 2013 the cancer returned in his lung and the doctors stated they were no longer looking at a cure. Jacob is now going to the mayo clinic where a phase II study of the chemo drug Sorafenib gives them some semblance of hope. Jacob is currently taking the chemo drug twice daily and travels three hours to the mayo clinic each week. Jacob has two siblings at home and his mother is pregnant and due at the end of march.

My son is knows Jacob well and i don't know how to tell him Jacob might not make it. My son only knows that he has been sick.

Please pray for Jacob, This drug is his last hopecrying mini

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwillstapleyou
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM
BUMP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM
prayers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Oh how sad. Prayers and a bump!

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I have a niece who made it through Wilm's tumor. Praying Jacob makes it too!

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I am so sorry. That is a difficult thing to have to talk to your son about. Prayers that God will show the doctors at Mayo what they need to see to help Jacob. that He will give Jacob,the stretngth he needs to keep fighting and comfort him and his family as they continue down this difficult path.

Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Prayers going up.
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Prayers for him and his family and that God guides his doctors to the course of treatment that helps cure him of this horrible disease!
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Prayers being sent

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM

bump

sheilao409
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM

prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured