Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what pet peeves do you have, when it comes to other parents?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I usually choose my mind my own business, but i see  this all the time and i think it's bull shit! we live in a very cold climate, i went to wal mart around 10pm last night, it's "warmer" than usual, was about 20° but it s windy, probably colder with the wind chill, i went straight to the restroom and there was a mom and baby (he was probably around 12mos)  in stall next to the one is used, i noticed as i walked in he was sitting on the floor (ummm.. eww!) he had no socks or shoes on, but at least had clothes on. I've seen worse.. but no socks at the very least, his little feet were pretty red.. i just  hate to see parents with more clothes on then their babies... especially in the middle of winter... idk... i always make sure my  kids are dressed warm... but you never know the full story... once i went shopping and i had forgot to restock my daughter`s bag, she peed her pants and i took her to the restroom and all i had was a pair of gymnastics shorts, her shirt and socks were wet, so i wrapped my hoodie around her and had to  buy new underwear, socks and an outfit. As we were checking outout some older ladies gave me dirty looks as they whispered to each other. So i understand things happen. But see this crap all the time.  

This one lady in particular, walks to the store i work at with her 2yo, it was super cold for  few weeks at a time, like -20 and colder, windy. they'd come in frequently, she'd be in a winter jacket, hat, boots. The little guy in a hoodie, pants and crocs. His face, ears, & hands would be red. It just bothers me....

your thoughts?? 

what annoys you about other parents?!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
BigMamaMN
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:10 AM

I second that.

Quoting prdmama1154:

This!!!!!!!!

Quoting SillySally83:

I get annoyed when other parents let their kids run wild in public. They act like they're scared to death to reprimand them in any way and it makes me bat shit crazy.

Fallaya
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Sanctimommies...need I say more?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I dislike when parents scream at their kids, especially in public.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I just don't care.
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I wonder if it's the same woman who threatened to call cps on me because I strapped ds in the cart when he was throwing a tantrum instead of holding him. She said I was going to hurt his self esteem.

Quoting SillySally83:

lol One time in the grocery store my daughter was acting like a damn fool; grabbing things off the shelf, unbuckling and trying to climb out of the cart. I got down on her level and said, "Hey, *name*, Look at my face." she looked at me and I said "If you don't sit down and act like a lady we will go home and you will go to bed". 

Some woman stopped and said "You shouldn't talk down to her like that, its abusive"... while she dragged her kid around on a leash and let him do whatever he wanted lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Oh, you are inviting judgement!

Parents not being married.

Parents not staying together.

Parents who are parents by default not because they truly want to be parents.

Parents who choose actions based upon self rather than for the good of their kids.

Parents who don't set a good example for (fill-in-the-blank).

Parents who aren't financially responsible.

Parents who are so bad at parenting, their kids end up in foster homes.

Parents who abuse their children, either physically or emotionally or sexually.

Parents who don't protect their children from abusers.

Parents who don't provide a nurturing home.

Parents who don't read to their children.

Parents who don't provide nutritious meals for their children.

Parents who don't provide a clean home for their children.

Parents who don't provide a religious tradition for their children.

Parents who don't teach morals and values to their children.

That's enough for now.

Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I can't stand when I see parents smoking in the school yard. I thought that was illegal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the WORST!!!  I hate to see a kid in a dirty coat...what does it take to wash a coat..or to see a baby (crawling age) sitting in a buggy at the store with bare feet and to tops of his toes are dirty...you know he was crawling around on some nasty floor...makes me so mad!

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Dirty kids who look like they haven't had a bath in days with parents who don't have a hair out of place. Seriously you want to be clean and look nice but couldn't spare a moment to clean your kid up?? Also my BIL and SIL strap my almost 3 yr old niece into a highchair or car seat in the house so they don't have to watch her. That's just cruel and truly lazy parenting and it pisses me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM
-soda in bottles

-chest clips not in the right place

- kids under 14 alone at the mall

- small girls in hoochy outfits

- girls in public water places (pools, splash pads) w/ no shirt on or just in undies

- children under 14 w/ cell phones With NO limited functions (having a cell phone to call home is ok, having a cell phone to fuck around on at 10 is not IMO!)

- babies, small children in Adult movies (rated R)

- babies in laps in the front seat of cars

-kids left alone in cars for more than 30 seconds

-babies/kids who are filthy and running around
-kids that have potty mouths

All of these are things that annoy me that parents allow or whatever.
JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Ikr I'd rather see filthy kids with filthy parents though at least they don't seem to know better. But when the parents look like a million bucks and the kids are filthy that when I get really pissed.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

This is the WORST!!!  I hate to see a kid in a dirty coat...what does it take to wash a coat..or to see a baby (crawling age) sitting in a buggy at the store with bare feet and to tops of his toes are dirty...you know he was crawling around on some nasty floor...makes me so mad!

Quoting JacksonGirl:

Dirty kids who look like they haven't had a bath in days with parents who don't have a hair out of place. Seriously you want to be clean and look nice but couldn't spare a moment to clean your kid up?? Also my BIL and SIL strap my almost 3 yr old niece into a highchair or car seat in the house so they don't have to watch her. That's just cruel and truly lazy parenting and it pisses me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)