Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the married women: If your husband.........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies

Poll

Question: Read the question

Options:

Yes. Death do us part

No. I can not do it.

We would need counseling and I would see from there.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 441

View Results

Good morning! I am watching a show on OWN and I was curious what other women would do in the situation.

If you are in a committed (forever) relationship or married and your partner/husband came to you and said that he didn't feel comfortable in his own skin and wanted to be come a woman, would you be able to accept it and stay married? Or would you want a divorce? I'm adding a poll with 3 options ONLY! Yes, No or Counseling and we will see what comes of it. If you want to explain an other you can but NO other on the poll! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Neuro
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:58 AM
5 moms liked this
Unless his getting a sex change changes our relationship in a way that makes it grossly unsatisfying, I'd stay. I'm bisexual, I can dig being hitched to a chick. Just hope the doc does a good job.

Edit:Whether or not he'd agree to get some sperm frozen for later would be the only real issue here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:59 AM
This exactly

Quoting Neuro:

Unless his getting a sex change changes our relationship in a way that makes it grossly unsatisfying, I'd stay. I'm bisexual, I can dig being hitched to a chick. Just hope the doc does a good job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I would miss his penis but I would try counseling and see from there. No offence to him but he wouldn't make a pretty woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:02 AM
3 moms liked this
I fell in love with him, not his penis. I'd stay, unless he decided he wanted to be with men instead, then I couldn't help him with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:04 AM

HAHA! I said I'd miss his penis. I know I did fall in love with him but I do also love his penis. My husband is really good at oral though so I know I would/could still be satisfied. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I fell in love with him, not his penis. I'd stay, unless he decided he wanted to be with men instead, then I couldn't help him with that.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:05 AM
I love him for him, not his penis. A penis can be substituded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I would not leave him over something like that
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:09 AM
16 moms liked this
I married a man for a reason and he broke vows when he decided he wanted to be a woman. Divorce!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I'd stay.

He would need therapy, and to figure out what all he wants...

We would need to talk a lot.

I would help him get where he needed to be, but it depends upon a lot of things. I'm deeply in love with my SO, and the best times we haven't aren't during sex but conversation and just playing around. I don't think I'd be able to leave him, honestly. That's just the way I feel about him. If he wanted to be a woman, and was in to men... and since I'm in to men... We might just have to be friends but I don't really know. I've never been in that situation, so it's hard to speculate.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We would be getting a divorce.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)