Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To the married women: If your husband.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Read the question

Options:

Yes. Death do us part

No. I can not do it.

We would need counseling and I would see from there.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 441

View Results

Good morning! I am watching a show on OWN and I was curious what other women would do in the situation.

If you are in a committed (forever) relationship or married and your partner/husband came to you and said that he didn't feel comfortable in his own skin and wanted to be come a woman, would you be able to accept it and stay married? Or would you want a divorce? I'm adding a poll with 3 options ONLY! Yes, No or Counseling and we will see what comes of it. If you want to explain an other you can but NO other on the poll! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Replies (141-150):
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

He'd make a pretty ugly chick.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Gender identity is not related to sexual orientation. However to address you question of why would I stay. How about because you love him.

Quoting Anonymous:

So hed want to be a woman so he could be a lesbo?? Why would I stay? Im not a lesbo.

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Your first problem was watching OWN
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
This. I would still love and care for him, but I couldn't continue to be with him.

Quoting 3xangel:

We would be getting a divorce.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
curlycupcake
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
As long as he still wanted me, wanted our lives together then I would support him & stay with him. I'd want him to get counseling, but I think that's required pre surgery anyway. He's truly my very best friend and whether or not he has a penis should have no bearing on that. If our kids had to go through something that big then better to do it in a sound and familiar environment too. I'm not saying it would be easy. I'm not a lesbian, but sex should be more than carnal indulgence, and if we still love each other then that should resolve itself. I know I'd at least try very hard to save our lives together.
Jentily
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I would divorce him because I married a man, not a woman. It would not be fair to me nor would it be fair to him... 

I would still want him in my life, I would just not want to sleep with her or hold hands with her ..kwim?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, that would be better. I was just imagining the most full on transformation scenario. I don't know much about transgender people, and how many go how far with it, etc. :o)

Quoting purpleducky:

Just an FYI, not all transgender people have "bottom" surgery. So you could get to keep the penis, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

This, although i'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss his penis at all. I'd definitely stay with him though, or should I say her (trying to wrap my mind around my Mario turning into a Maria, LOL). The love will always be there. :o)

Quoting Anonymous:

I fell in love with him, not his penis. I'd stay, unless he decided he wanted to be with men instead, then I couldn't help him with that.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I didn't marry my DH for his penis either, but I married a MAN for a reason. I want a man, in every sense of the word.Although his penis isn't why I married him, I do want his penis to be a part of it. I can't imagine being with a man who wants to wear dresses, makeup and act like a woman!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I love him for him, not his penis. A penis can be substituded.

desertlvn
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I see a lot of supportive women here. I wonder if a smaller percentage of men would be as supportive.

SillySally83
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I would not leave my husband, but the state may nullify the marriage once hes legally a woman. I don't love him for his penis (though it is quite nice, if I may say so) I love him for his personality, work ethic, parenting skills and the way he treats me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)