Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so heartbroken this morning. :(

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:03 AM
  • 13 Replies

I found out a few hours ago that my 14 year old step grand daughter is suicidal and suddenly flunking school. I was so shocked. She has always been a very happy child, very outgoing, and a very good student. She's a Freshman in High School, her parents (well it's her mom and step dad, she's never met her bio dad) are seperated, she's the oldest of 5, soon to be 6. I've been in her life since she was just 2. Her mom told me that she's tried to get her into therapy, but she clams up and won't talk. Her mom told me that she took off the other night and didn't come home for over 24 hours. They had no idea where she was, the cops couldn't locate her and were getting ready to issue an Amber Alert for her when she finally came home. This is so out of character for her. I'm so scared for her. I guess there's really no purpose for this post other than me getting it off my chest. Thanks for listening/reading this. If you pray, please send up a prayer for her. If not, good thoughts, vibes, whatever is appreciated too. :*( 

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Have they let her go to therapy alone? Even if she doesn't say anything to start she might end up talking eventually. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:08 AM
I hope things turn around for her soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Sending good thoughts her way and I hope she will eventually get the help that she needs.

IDidYourMom8709
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM
14 is a hard age. has she tried a peer group therapy? maybe seeing that other kids her age struggle as well would help. it was the only thing that helped me.

prayers for all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I don't know. I told her mom to make her keep going, that eventually she might open up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Have they let her go to therapy alone? Even if she doesn't say anything to start she might end up talking eventually. 

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope things turn around for her soon.

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Thank you, me too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sending good thoughts her way and I hope she will eventually get the help that she needs.

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Thank you for the prayers. I don't know if she's been in that or not, but I'll mention it to her mother. 

Quoting IDidYourMom8709:

14 is a hard age. has she tried a peer group therapy? maybe seeing that other kids her age struggle as well would help. it was the only thing that helped me.

prayers for all.

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

((hugs))

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

That's sad, good luck to her and hopefully she is getting help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)