Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dont think im wrong but he does

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My so has,this thing with me hanging out wit my guy friends. My best friend who I lost touch with called me,today to hang out so we did. My df gets so mad and makes it a huge deal. Its not like im having sex with the guy. Geez vent over
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM
This. He is right. You are wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dropped everything to go hang out with another guy when you knew your df was uncomfortable with it...hmmmm

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. And usually the one who gets defensive and pissed is the one who's cheating or lying.

Quoting TB78:

i would be very wary of your df because he sounds like a control freak and very untrusting of you. you should be able to hang out with whomever you want to and he should be able to do the same without either one of you having trust issues.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM
DF and I have to meet and get to know any friends of the opposite sex. It just helps the other party feel more comfortable. Has your DF met this friend before?
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
You're wrong for not respecting his feelings, but I don't see why it is such a big deal. My SO and I have friends of the opposite sex we hang out with occasionally and neither one of us care. We trust each other completely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM
He knows of him but never met him I have never given a reason for him to not trust me.

Quoting TSNDDY:

DF and I have to meet and get to know any friends of the opposite sex. It just helps the other party feel more comfortable. Has your DF met this friend before?

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
So what if you haven't given him a reason? The whole point is to help him be comfortable with who you are hanging around with. It's hard to be comfortable if you don't even know them.

Quoting Anonymous:

He knows of him but never met him I have never given a reason for him to not trust me.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
According to you...

Plenty of secure people in relationships have friendships with people of the opposite sex with no issues.

It varies from couple to couple.

Quoting MommyAddie:

You don't hang out with other guys when you're in a relationship.

Jentily
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry but i think you are in the wrong. Your husband has a problem with it so you should respect that. 

It is ok to have friendships with the opposite sex but it is not ok to do it behind his back. You should have talked to your husband before hand and either invited him to come with you or invited your friend over for a few drinks or dinner. 

don't rock the boat...

haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I wouldn't have gone off to hang out with some other guy, not when I'm in a relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM

"orthodox wedding"? o.O

It's her personal choice.  Perhaps she sees how many problems it has caused for others.

Quoting Anonymous:

How very orthodox wedding of you.

Quoting MommyAddie:

Of course I am.

Quoting Jers.:

You can't be serious!

Quoting MommyAddie:

You don't hang out with other guys when you're in a relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)