Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For I know the plans * A Christian post*

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God has a unique purpose for you Soul Friend! You were created on purpose for His purpose!

Source- Sweet to the soul

I hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday, and enjoy watching the Super Bowl!

wedding countdown

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (181-182):
Plethorarosie
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:27 AM

I don't know what hell you've gone through in your 24 years on this earth, but all I can do is continue to pray for you.

I'll be 61 in May.  I've been battered, abused, molested, used, abandoned by people that said they love me, had a child "legally kidnapped" AKA adopted out by me (not by an agency or law enforcement) when my oldest daughter's father threatened our daughter's welfare if I didn't go through with it.  He was abusive in every way. He sexually abused 2 of my daughters...it was when he was in jail for that, that I found out he was a homosexual that used women as a "cover" for his lifestyle.  

The 'adoption' caused me to have PTSD. 

I've lost 4 best friends because they died (not all at once). 

My parents, my brother, and my husband have all died.

I told you all this to tell you that I don't blame God for any of it.  

It's your right to not believe in Him...He gave us free will. I just hope and pray that Christ will bring you to your knees. That He will show you that He DOES exist. There is a saying...there are no athiests in a foxhole. If it takes a "foxhole" to bring you to Him, I hope you fall in one. I don't say that out of anger. I say it out of love for you and your eternal soul.

May the God that you don't believe in, bless you. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Man, these posts are so entertaining. And you wonder why I comment on them lol.

I have read the entire bible. I probably know it better than you do.

So, you're saying god doesn't abuse us, we simply suffer the consequences for not doing what he wants? 

Hmm, where have I heard that logic before? Oh yeah! My abusive ex-husband...

If you think I merely gave you an opinion without proof, I can only deduce that you don't know the difference between proof and opinions.

You won't believe me, but I can promise you that I have had an incredible amount of faith and dedication to god in my life.

I had a "personal relationship" with him and a "testimony" that Christ died for my sins. I prayed everyday. I listened to His voice in my heart. I lived only to please god.

Then I grew up and learned to think for myself, and no longer needed to lean on the ideologies of others to make me feel happy and safe.

Reality is worth it.

Quoting Plethorarosie:

You have not shown me any proof.  You have only said your opinion. 

I can tell that you have not read the Bible. If you dispute something, at least know what it is that you are disputing.  

As far as psychological and physical abuse..I've experienced both...by imperfect human beings..not by the perfect God. We make our own choices because He gave us free will.  So, I know what it is to be a victim, and I know what it feels like to be hurt. I also know that I've hurt others.  

Do you know what it feels like to know that God came to earth in a human form and died for you? Do you even comprehend the love He has for you?  Do you know the abuse He went through before he died...for you?  Yes...for YOU.  The one of many that say they don't believe in Him.  I will be praying that you will someday know the Christ that did this for you.   Oh...and never say never.  

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Right, because God's ways are to be illusive and completely incomprehsible to human logic, therefore there is no reason to pursue him, even if he were real because we couldn't find or understand him anyway.

We're supposed to know and do what he wants, while not having a frame of reference for his actions and desires. Yeah, that makes sense...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "his ways are not our ways" means, although I have trouble imagining it is something other than his and our thoughts and actions...lol

And what proof do I have? I assume you've read the bible and believe it to be true....... 

Compare that with psychological standards for what constitutes abuse and there's your proof.

If you want to dispute the standards for abuse, then that's another story, but it would be just like blaming the victim of an abusive relationship.

Quoting Plethorarosie:

I would love to hear the "proof" you have. Quote" Because I have PROOF that by our human standards, the god of the bible is abusive towards his "children." I also have proof that he is not all knowing or all powerful."  I'd also like to note that you said yourself, "human standards".   Our ways are not God's ways. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

What purpose is that?

Heaven and hell are just another aspect of existence.

Is that really the end all be all?

What's the great big ending? Some supposedy supreme person telling us how we were good and bad in life?

Doesn't sound like such an amazing plan to me.

Sounds like something an abusive parent would dream up.

If you are going to try to have a conversation with someone about their faith, calling their God a "Supposed supreme being and abusive" is not the way to go about it. It is offensive and very rude, which I think was your point to begin with.  You can get your point across without being offensive, once you figure out how to do that, then we can further our conversation. until then...

I hope you have a great day.

Are you saying that you have PROOF that god is in fact a supreme being?

Because I have PROOF that by our human standards, the god of the bible is abusive towards his "children." I also have proof that he is not all knowing or all powerful.

Until then, there's nothing really that off about what I said, just because it offends you...

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Are you assuming that I'm blaming god for my husband's abusive behavior?

I was not... I don't blame god for anything. There is no god to blame. It is nature that causes both good and bad. It just is. It's just what happens in life.

I was comparing my husband's behavior with the actions and thoughts described by worshipers of your god.

Quoting Plethorarosie:

I don't know what hell you've gone through in your 24 years on this earth, but all I can do is continue to pray for you.

I'll be 61 in May.  I've been battered, abused, molested, used, abandoned by people that said they love me, had a child "legally kidnapped" AKA adopted out by me (not by an agency or law enforcement) when my oldest daughter's father threatened our daughter's welfare if I didn't go through with it.  He was abusive in every way. He sexually abused 2 of my daughters...it was when he was in jail for that, that I found out he was a homosexual that used women as a "cover" for his lifestyle.  

The 'adoption' caused me to have PTSD. 

I've lost 4 best friends because they died (not all at once). 

My parents, my brother, and my husband have all died.

I told you all this to tell you that I don't blame God for any of it.  

It's your right to not believe in Him...He gave us free will. I just hope and pray that Christ will bring you to your knees. That He will show you that He DOES exist. There is a saying...there are no athiests in a foxhole. If it takes a "foxhole" to bring you to Him, I hope you fall in one. I don't say that out of anger. I say it out of love for you and your eternal soul.

May the God that you don't believe in, bless you. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Man, these posts are so entertaining. And you wonder why I comment on them lol.

I have read the entire bible. I probably know it better than you do.

So, you're saying god doesn't abuse us, we simply suffer the consequences for not doing what he wants? 

Hmm, where have I heard that logic before? Oh yeah! My abusive ex-husband...

If you think I merely gave you an opinion without proof, I can only deduce that you don't know the difference between proof and opinions.

You won't believe me, but I can promise you that I have had an incredible amount of faith and dedication to god in my life.

I had a "personal relationship" with him and a "testimony" that Christ died for my sins. I prayed everyday. I listened to His voice in my heart. I lived only to please god.

Then I grew up and learned to think for myself, and no longer needed to lean on the ideologies of others to make me feel happy and safe.

Reality is worth it.

Quoting Plethorarosie:

You have not shown me any proof.  You have only said your opinion. 

I can tell that you have not read the Bible. If you dispute something, at least know what it is that you are disputing.  

As far as psychological and physical abuse..I've experienced both...by imperfect human beings..not by the perfect God. We make our own choices because He gave us free will.  So, I know what it is to be a victim, and I know what it feels like to be hurt. I also know that I've hurt others.  

Do you know what it feels like to know that God came to earth in a human form and died for you? Do you even comprehend the love He has for you?  Do you know the abuse He went through before he died...for you?  Yes...for YOU.  The one of many that say they don't believe in Him.  I will be praying that you will someday know the Christ that did this for you.   Oh...and never say never.  

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Right, because God's ways are to be illusive and completely incomprehsible to human logic, therefore there is no reason to pursue him, even if he were real because we couldn't find or understand him anyway.

We're supposed to know and do what he wants, while not having a frame of reference for his actions and desires. Yeah, that makes sense...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "his ways are not our ways" means, although I have trouble imagining it is something other than his and our thoughts and actions...lol

And what proof do I have? I assume you've read the bible and believe it to be true....... 

Compare that with psychological standards for what constitutes abuse and there's your proof.

If you want to dispute the standards for abuse, then that's another story, but it would be just like blaming the victim of an abusive relationship.

Quoting Plethorarosie:

I would love to hear the "proof" you have. Quote" Because I have PROOF that by our human standards, the god of the bible is abusive towards his "children." I also have proof that he is not all knowing or all powerful."  I'd also like to note that you said yourself, "human standards".   Our ways are not God's ways. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

What purpose is that?

Heaven and hell are just another aspect of existence.

Is that really the end all be all?

What's the great big ending? Some supposedy supreme person telling us how we were good and bad in life?

Doesn't sound like such an amazing plan to me.

Sounds like something an abusive parent would dream up.

If you are going to try to have a conversation with someone about their faith, calling their God a "Supposed supreme being and abusive" is not the way to go about it. It is offensive and very rude, which I think was your point to begin with.  You can get your point across without being offensive, once you figure out how to do that, then we can further our conversation. until then...

I hope you have a great day.

Are you saying that you have PROOF that god is in fact a supreme being?

Because I have PROOF that by our human standards, the god of the bible is abusive towards his "children." I also have proof that he is not all knowing or all powerful.

Until then, there's nothing really that off about what I said, just because it offends you...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured