Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE..... I need help. I may have killed kitty

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Long story short. My neighbor had a cat in his yard that had kittens. He threatened to kill them all so we took them in and gave all but one away. We call him kitty. He was sick so we spent the money to get him better, but we don't have a lot of money to begin with so ive been keeping my eye out for someone who wants him.
Well, he jumped in the dryer last night and I turned it on. After 30 seconds seconds of thunking I checked to see what the hell was in there. Out comes kitty. He seemed normal, but today he isn't. He its under our table. Usually he is so loving but he didn't pur when I picked him up and he has been under the table all morning. We can't afford a vet bill and I don't want to just drop him off and he ends up getting put down because why save a cat that probably will sit in a shelter for years? What should I do?

UPDATE
kitty hid all day and wasnt acting normal. But I made chicken for dinner and he came out and ate some. Then he curled up with me. Then at 2 am he climbed in a clean bag of cat liter and pooped in it. Jerk lol. He seems much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
is your neighbor usually such a ass!

Maybe this Kitty suffered trauma
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I'm not. And I'm not the only person this has happened to unfortunately.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg i hope u are a,troll

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Check his eyes. Are his pupils the same size? He may have thunked his head pretty hard.

You should always check your dryer when you have cats.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Its not mean, I just don't want him to die. I feel awful.

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor thing , does he act stunned or anything ? Just let him have a quiet place to rest , I hope kitty is ok , but if not most shelters will euthanize at little to no charge , I'm sorry , I hope that didn't sound mean

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Put it in the washer. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Repeat. Troll.

You're Welcome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Oh man!! I'm so sorry!! At our local Humane Society, the kittens are the first ones to get adopted!!

I know someone whose cat jumped into the clothes dryer. She put some wet clothes in the dryer and turned it on and walked away--obviously, not realizing her cat was inside!! She screamed when she found her dead cat in the dryer! Her neighbor heard her from INSIDE his house screaming, and ran over to see what had happened. He was kind enough to take care of the situation for her.  :(  Poor kitty

MaileysMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting SunshineBird:

Surrender him to your local humane society...quickly!!!

This. I think they are a no kill shelter. They will do what they can to make sure he is ok, and then find him a home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Yeah, he was fine. Eating, running around. Being himself. Now he is acting different.

Quoting BEXi:

He was alive when you opened it and acting fine?

I would think any trauma from that would appear immediately but I could be wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I did, they are. He walked from my lap to the table and walked pretty straight too

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Check his eyes. Are his pupils the same size? He may have thunked his head pretty hard.

You should always check your dryer when you have cats.

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM

He might still be okay.  My cat was in the dryer a couple weeks ago when my son turned it on and as he's leaving the room and heading through the kitchen, he thought it sounded kind of loud.  She was in there for about 30 seconds too, and she's fine.  I would just keep an eye on your cat.  It was a good thing you did, rescuing them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN