Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE..... I need help. I may have killed kitty

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Long story short. My neighbor had a cat in his yard that had kittens. He threatened to kill them all so we took them in and gave all but one away. We call him kitty. He was sick so we spent the money to get him better, but we don't have a lot of money to begin with so ive been keeping my eye out for someone who wants him.
Well, he jumped in the dryer last night and I turned it on. After 30 seconds seconds of thunking I checked to see what the hell was in there. Out comes kitty. He seemed normal, but today he isn't. He its under our table. Usually he is so loving but he didn't pur when I picked him up and he has been under the table all morning. We can't afford a vet bill and I don't want to just drop him off and he ends up getting put down because why save a cat that probably will sit in a shelter for years? What should I do?

UPDATE
kitty hid all day and wasnt acting normal. But I made chicken for dinner and he came out and ate some. Then he curled up with me. Then at 2 am he climbed in a clean bag of cat liter and pooped in it. Jerk lol. He seems much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

OMG....He could have internal injuries, but if he isn't in pain he's probably just scared.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Jesus christ on a ritz cracker......please tell me this is a troll post.  You need to contact a vet or shelter.  Some of them (vets) will house the kitty if you can't afford the bill, bite the costs and attempt to rehome (depending on the severity of injury, if any).

Please, even if it's an emergency vet.  Why the hell did you decide to keep a pet if you can't even cover emergency costs?  Medical costs alone are the main reason Monster and I do not own a pet.  If you can't afford even basic medical care (shots, exams), you shouldn't own a pet.

tessamalk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

LOL

Yeah cats can be jerks, can't they? Our dryer is right next to the litterbox too... guess I'd better keep it clean or he'll show me why I should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our does the same thing. :/

To pee on the clean clothes. Fucking asshole. :/

Quoting tessamalk:

Assuming kitty ends up  being okay... try to keep the dryer empty of clothes, or at least keep it closed when not in use. My cat (different one than previously mentioned) will go in there if we leave it open with clean dry clothes in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I turn to her and went "you're a dick." and my DS was all "what's a dick?" :/ I didn't realize he had followed me from the living room to the laundry room downstairs.

Quoting tessamalk:

LOL

Yeah cats can be jerks, can't they? Our dryer is right next to the litterbox too... guess I'd better keep it clean or he'll show me why I should.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our does the same thing. :/

To pee on the clean clothes. Fucking asshole. :/

Quoting tessamalk:

Assuming kitty ends up  being okay... try to keep the dryer empty of clothes, or at least keep it closed when not in use. My cat (different one than previously mentioned) will go in there if we leave it open with clean dry clothes in it.

MommyOfTheBest2
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Not necessarily a troll. As a child I witnessed a dead kitten being pulled from my friends dryer because her mom didn't check it first..
I keep my dryer door closed but my cat loves to lay on top of it. I'm sure if I left it open he would lay inside and sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Put it in the washer. Wash. Rinse. Dry. Repeat. Troll.

You're Welcome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting randi1978:
Why the hell did you decide to keep a pet if you can't even cover emergency costs?  Medical costs alone are the main reason Monster and I do not own a pet.  If you can't afford even basic medical care (shots, exams), you shouldn't own a pet.

Feral cats don't get to see the vet. Living with her is a step up from what he had. Maybe she can't afford everything for him, but at least she's giving him better care than he would have gotten if she didn't take him in. It's not like she went out looking for a cat. He was homeless and she remedied that, end of story. I don't see any reason to criticize her for it.

ginene
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
One of my friends on FB was crying over this about 2 yrs ago because she did the same thing by accident and even though some people went in on her, her cat was just shook up and ended up being fine. I think she took hers to the vet to check her out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I took care of his illness and he has shots. He isn't fixed yet. They were all going to die, so I took them in and rehomed them. kitty is the only one I couldn't find a home for. I didn't want him to live out his life stuck in a cage. There are so many cats without homes here and most of the shelters won't even take any more animals. There is no room.
I didn't get a cat because I wanted one. He would have died. so you can shove your ritz cracker up your ass lady.

Quoting randi1978:

Jesus christ on a ritz cracker......please tell me this is a troll post.  You need to contact a vet or shelter.  Some of them (vets) will house the kitty if you can't afford the bill, bite the costs and attempt to rehome (depending on the severity of injury, if any).

Please, even if it's an emergency vet.  Why the hell did you decide to keep a pet if you can't even cover emergency costs?  Medical costs alone are the main reason Monster and I do not own a pet.  If you can't afford even basic medical care (shots, exams), you shouldn't own a pet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Maybe he's just in a mood. Trauma is typically noticeable immediately.
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Ouch. I hope he gets better quickly. Sounds like he may be a bit sick or something. Since he ate and ran around afterwards. I'd keep a close eye and if he seems to get worse, then i'd go see if he may need some care. GL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)