Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE..... I need help. I may have killed kitty

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Long story short. My neighbor had a cat in his yard that had kittens. He threatened to kill them all so we took them in and gave all but one away. We call him kitty. He was sick so we spent the money to get him better, but we don't have a lot of money to begin with so ive been keeping my eye out for someone who wants him.
Well, he jumped in the dryer last night and I turned it on. After 30 seconds seconds of thunking I checked to see what the hell was in there. Out comes kitty. He seemed normal, but today he isn't. He its under our table. Usually he is so loving but he didn't pur when I picked him up and he has been under the table all morning. We can't afford a vet bill and I don't want to just drop him off and he ends up getting put down because why save a cat that probably will sit in a shelter for years? What should I do?

UPDATE
kitty hid all day and wasnt acting normal. But I made chicken for dinner and he came out and ate some. Then he curled up with me. Then at 2 am he climbed in a clean bag of cat liter and pooped in it. Jerk lol. He seems much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM
This. The neighbor was going to kill it. Why criticize a little compassion? She was doing the best with what she had. Damn.

Op, I hope kitty is ok. She might just be a little scared, maybe some bruised ribs. Hopefully nothing more serious. Good luck. Maybe call some vet offices and ask about pro bono work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting randi1978:
Why the hell did you decide to keep a pet if you can't even cover emergency costs?  Medical costs alone are the main reason Monster and I do not own a pet.  If you can't afford even basic medical care (shots, exams), you shouldn't own a pet.

Feral cats don't get to see the vet. Living with her is a step up from what he had. Maybe she can't afford everything for him, but at least she's giving him better care than he would have gotten if she didn't take him in. It's not like she went out looking for a cat. He was homeless and she remedied that, end of story. I don't see any reason to criticize her for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

bump

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

why?

Quoting SunshineBird:

Surrender him to your local humane society...quickly!!!

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree.  Her post was juvenile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting randi1978:
Why the hell did you decide to keep a pet if you can't even cover emergency costs?  Medical costs alone are the main reason Monster and I do not own a pet.  If you can't afford even basic medical care (shots, exams), you shouldn't own a pet.

Feral cats don't get to see the vet. Living with her is a step up from what he had. Maybe she can't afford everything for him, but at least she's giving him better care than he would have gotten if she didn't take him in. It's not like she went out looking for a cat. He was homeless and she remedied that, end of story. I don't see any reason to criticize her for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Awww. I'm sorry. One of my friends cats died from the dryer. She was a young teen when it happened and she was the one that was doing the laundry. It was very difficult for her to get over it.
lilchik
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
A similar think happened to my mom but there wer a lot of cloths in the dryer. Our cat was over heated and had bit his tounge. I put him in the cool bath tub (ceramic or porcelain .. and ran som cold water behind him and he was fine in the end. I would just call the vet get their opinion. And keep an eye out for more weird behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Mememe did you kill another animal

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM

i know someone that accidently killed a ferret that way.

Saille717
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Most shelters don't have problems placing kittens.  It's full grown cats, adult dogs, and pit mixes that end up put down the most.  A shelter has a budget to get them vet care, usually a spay/neuter program, and can find them homes.  You should really bring them in.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I posted anon because I didn't want people to harass me in other threads saying I shouldn't have taken him in if I didn't have a lot of money. I just didn't want my neighbor or a shelter to kill him, and now here we are.
Unfortunately everyone thinks I'm a troll. I wish I was.

Quoting gypsy30:

He might still be okay.  My cat was in the dryer a couple weeks ago when my son turned it on and as he's leaving the room and heading through the kitchen, he thought it sounded kind of loud.  She was in there for about 30 seconds too, and she's fine.  I would just keep an eye on your cat.  It was a good thing you did, rescuing them. 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Surrender him so he can get the care he needs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)