Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE..... I need help. I may have killed kitty

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Long story short. My neighbor had a cat in his yard that had kittens. He threatened to kill them all so we took them in and gave all but one away. We call him kitty. He was sick so we spent the money to get him better, but we don't have a lot of money to begin with so ive been keeping my eye out for someone who wants him.
Well, he jumped in the dryer last night and I turned it on. After 30 seconds seconds of thunking I checked to see what the hell was in there. Out comes kitty. He seemed normal, but today he isn't. He its under our table. Usually he is so loving but he didn't pur when I picked him up and he has been under the table all morning. We can't afford a vet bill and I don't want to just drop him off and he ends up getting put down because why save a cat that probably will sit in a shelter for years? What should I do?

UPDATE
kitty hid all day and wasnt acting normal. But I made chicken for dinner and he came out and ate some. Then he curled up with me. Then at 2 am he climbed in a clean bag of cat liter and pooped in it. Jerk lol. He seems much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (81-87):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

it really, really was. i felt like a murderer. i was a cat killer. it was horrible. 

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Oh my god, that's terrible!  :(

Quoting D.O.E.:

my cat does that and has since he was kitten. tristan also went through a phase of locking the cat in the dryer. and cabinets. anyways, i can see how it can happen, glad your kitty is ok!

a few years ago, we got this super cute fluffy kitty, and it was so cute, and then i backed out of the driveway right over kittys head. yeah it has slipped outside when i was loading the car.

god i felt like shit. but what can you do right? 

at least your kitty lived to tell the tale :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was loading the dryer at the time. My head was probably in the washer getting clothes out when he jumped in and I didn't notice. how hard is it to not be a bitch?

Quoting Anonymous:

How hard is it to close your dryer door when your not using it....

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Glad kitty is doing better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KyrinM
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Keep an eye on him, he could have a concussion.  Poor baby,  the fact that he seems to be improving & is eating is a good sign.  Just keep a watch on him, & call the vet for advice.

tndsmomma28
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

When I was a teenager, I was driving down the street with my ex when all of a sudden he tells me that I had hit a cat.  I felt TERRIBLE and I went back to try to find it to see if it was still alive.  I never found it, and later he told me that he had lied to me about it.  I have NO idea why he would do that, but I remember how badly I felt thinking that I had killed an innocent animal.  I'm sorry that happened to you.

Quoting D.O.E.:

it really, really was. i felt like a murderer. i was a cat killer. it was horrible. 

Quoting tndsmomma28:

Oh my god, that's terrible!  :(

Quoting D.O.E.:

my cat does that and has since he was kitten. tristan also went through a phase of locking the cat in the dryer. and cabinets. anyways, i can see how it can happen, glad your kitty is ok!

a few years ago, we got this super cute fluffy kitty, and it was so cute, and then i backed out of the driveway right over kittys head. yeah it has slipped outside when i was loading the car.

god i felt like shit. but what can you do right? 

at least your kitty lived to tell the tale :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was loading the dryer at the time. My head was probably in the washer getting clothes out when he jumped in and I didn't notice. how hard is it to not be a bitch?

Quoting Anonymous:

How hard is it to close your dryer door when your not using it....

Trina.mhmm
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM

30 Seconds will not kill a cat lol he is probably just scared! Give him a few days

cherokeegoddess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM

he was probably in shock. hell i  can't tell you how many times i have to get my cat out of stuff. its a wonder she's still breathing. lol  sometimes she's worse than a child getting into stuff. just give the poor kitty a massage and it will be ok. mine fell off a bookcase after climbing to the top andshe slipped. she was in shock and sore after awhile but she turned out to be ok. they're alot stronger than u think they are.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My children had a kitten that climbed in the dryer when it was about three months old. Luckily it was a load of sheets and was in the dryer for less than a minute but the tips of it's ears curled back but we rushed it to the vet but nothing else was wrong with it. It's ears weren't even burnt,they just curled and stayed that way. The vet said it was not uncommon as cats seek out heat sources but are very tough. I hope your kitty feels better but I'm sure it's just a little disoriented.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)