Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was told by a friend's husband to spank my daughter or she will be an out of control teen.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I called my friend the other day and her husband always has been a chatter with me and he asked if I spanked my DD. I said I never had a need to do it. I have smacked her on her hand if she hit ect but never spanked her and he told me he does spank his son and that if I don't spank my daughter she will be an out of control teenager.  I think it's not none of his business how i discpline my child. She has never given me any reason to and I am not against it but if there is no need why do it. I don't get why people have to comment on how others discpline their child just because they do it one way they think it will work for all children. My dd doesn't act out in public. she has cried once in the store and I have left. Yes she acts like a child but I just leave.  I am not against it but there has been times I had to pick her up and carry her in the parking lot because she didn't want to hold my hand. So there are others ways to handle the situation. Again I am not against it but his comment just bothered me. My friend does not think that way  but the husband is the one home with the child so he is with him more. That was my vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN