Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another breastfeeding post...come on in. You know you want to!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
For everyone who says that after a certain age they will/do pump and give the breastmilk, I have a question. Would you give it cold? Or pump it right before you give it? I've refrigerated breastmilk before, and it doesn't look very appetizing cold...it just seems easier to keep whipping out the tit, IMO.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I put ice packs on my tits and shake 'em up.
devinsmom42
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I never did it but you drink your milk cold right? I don't see the difference lol once their older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I nver pumped. I just nursed. DD stopped shortly before age four. Yes, she remembers nursing. I've asked her. I also asked how it made her feel. She responded with "happy" <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Breastmilk separates after a while in the fridge. All the fatty stuff goes to the top. It's kind of gross :-/

Quoting devinsmom42:

I never did it but you drink your milk cold right? I don't see the difference lol once their older.

mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I only ever pumped occasionally, and froze or refrigerated  it for special occasions (like when I was drinking).  I always heated it up in a bowl or cup of hot water! 

VarelaClan
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My kids ate straight from the tap. I hated pumping. I have 4, only 2 went past age 2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfTheBest2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I had to pump because I work full time. I put it in the fridge or freezer.. Hubby always warmed it because of the separation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I had to do the same thing. I was just wondering what people would do with it to put it in a sippy cup. Like I said, it seems like a lot of work to pump it, heat it properly, and put it in a sippy and make sure the kid drinks it. Now that my ds is over 1, he drinks regular milk during the day, and I bf when I'm home.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I had to pump because I work full time. I put it in the fridge or freezer.. Hubby always warmed it because of the separation.

ruthallen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I get night nursing fir an extended time... 3 maybe a bit longer. But there was a chick I know that would bf her 4 year old at church.... and then she couldn't figure out why at 7 he still needs someone to go to the bathroom with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfTheBest2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I still nurse at 18 months. She refuses whole milk but doesn't like breastmilk in her cup anymore. When she did he warmed it just the same as always. Now she eats solids and drinks water while I'm away, no milk at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had to do the same thing. I was just wondering what people would do with it to put it in a sippy cup. Like I said, it seems like a lot of work to pump it, heat it properly, and put it in a sippy and make sure the kid drinks it. Now that my ds is over 1, he drinks regular milk during the day, and I bf when I'm home.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN