Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BATHING with your kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

Anyone else think it is weird? I cannot imagine bathing with my 4 month old. Do you shower or do tubs? Are you afraid of slipping while holding your kid? How do you manage to hold them and wash all their and your own parts? I try not to keep my baby in the water longer thn ten minutes and I was thinking how would I do all that with my baby and my time limit.

This is not a bash. I just wondering. CM members have changed my mind about co-sleeping after insight on it. Maybe once I get info I can try it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I don't think it's something that has to be done. Keep doing what you're doing. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I never took a bath with my son simply because the thought of him peeing in the tub while I was in there grossed me out so bad. I only showered with him a couple times but he was so much older that he wanted to wash my butt and I thought that was weird
So no. I don't shower or bathe with my kid.
AleaKat
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I did tub and layed baby in my lap.
Washed him off then had daddy get him from me while I finished my bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I bathed with my son every so often. He loved it. I stopped when he was about 2 years old.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

msparks80
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM
bathing with a baby that small is really hard. The few times I did it I had hubby hand her to me then I washed her and handed her back to hubby.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I bathed with my son, now age 10, when he was five months and he pooped in the tub, never bathed with any of my four children again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Not something I have ever done with my 3 kids. I was rather grossed out also they would pee in the tub or worse yet. You do what you feel is comfortable. Not everything is comfortable for everyone.

soph324
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My 18 month dd showers with me. But it's because we don't have a tub.
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I shower with my daughter, she's 3 months. We take baths together at night to relax.
Then I shower my son if we are in a hurry with me,he's 19 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I bathed with both my dd and ds when they were infants. We played and they loved it. I never thought too much about if they peed in the bath or what not, seeings as how they have puked, peed, and gotten poop on me at some point of them being a baby... Many more disgusting things to worry about vs peeing on me in a bath tub where we can clean it off immediately lol... FYI Urine is sterile :p But to eaches own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN