Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Please let me know if im over reacting or if i have the right to be upset...

This morning i wake up and SO asks if i want to go to the mall with him. I was shocked because he never wants to go out with me. So of course i said yes. A few minutes later he says "well if i give you the money would you go for me?" I told him no and asked why he invited me and then tried to send me alone.

A little back story: SO and I have been together 6yrs and whenever we try and do something as a family he chooses not to participate. When ever we go somewhere he always finds something to argue with me about. When i ask him to come somewhere with me he says no then when one of his friends calls and asks him to go somewhere hes gone faster than i can blink!

I feel like hes ashamed of us as a family. I feel like he wants to keep us a secret or something.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Bump
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Id be put off by that. It seems he was trying to con you into going.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Why would he do that? Seriously, I would be mad and I wouldn't go. Does he really never participate in family events or does it just seem that way? When are you all a "family"? Just at home, behind closed doors?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM
We only do family things in the house. If i ask him to come to walmart he sits in the car OR comes in but goes his own way and meets me at the car. And he never comes to any of my families parties but i go to everyone of his family events!

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

Why would he do that? Seriously, I would be mad and I wouldn't go. Does he really never participate in family events or does it just seem that way? When are you all a "family"? Just at home, behind closed doors?

CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Well, I know a lot of men don't like shopping. But not going to family events for just your family would not go over well with me at all. Relationships are about give and take. From what you have said, for family things you are doing all of the giving and he is doing all of the taking. Has it always been this way? If he has always been this way and you never made an issue about it, it's really not fair to change the rules in the middle of the game, but if he really cares, he would start giving more. You need to decide if you can live with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

We only do family things in the house. If i ask him to come to walmart he sits in the car OR comes in but goes his own way and meets me at the car. And he never comes to any of my families parties but i go to everyone of his family events!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Why are you still with him ? If he doesnt want to be seen in public with you ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN