Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going anon for this because I am about to offend the hell out of ASD parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 201 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you know that people with non-asd kids don't automatically hate your children?
Do
Do you understand that not every kid with a behavior issue is autistic? So stop trying to diagnose every brat with autism.

Do you know that when we ask questions about your kids it is not to bash you or your kids?

Why can't you fathom that people without ASD kids do try to understand you and don't hate your kids?

Why is it impossible for you to understand that we don't blame you for your child having ASD but if you refuse to discipline them because they are autistic then you will get looks. And its not beccause we hate your kid but because seeing a kid throw a tantrum in Walmart is bizarre to us

And if someone doesn't understand and is trying to understand, calling them ignorant bitches will completely turn them off to you and your child. So when people are looking to learn, teach them.

Why do you strive for equality for your kids by pushing them into regular ed classes but don't care about the NT kids. How are they equal if they get special treatment and take away from the NT kids?

This isn't a bash post. I am just super curious as to why ASD parents think this way
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

WTH is ASD?

Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
please update me on what ASD is ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Really are you kidding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Autism sensory processing disorder
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

WTH is ASD?

cnlsmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
3 moms liked this
ASD is autism spectrum disorder...and...I'm out of here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont think this way at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
What is asd & nt ??????
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Autism Spectrum disorder.

Quoting Anonymous:

WTH is ASD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
18 moms liked this
This is just a guess, but, as you have seen ASD parents get a lot of crap. From people thinking it is there parenting that causes the issue, to thinking that ASD doesn't exist. People working to understand and accommodate isn't the norm from my experience, instead, negative labeling is the norm, and they are used to fighting uphill battles with the school district, IEPs and health insurance.

So, forgive them for their often altered reality of society (well, disrespectful name calling sounds isolated to online or people with a crappy personality. All the ASD moms I know are kind, patient, fun moms)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)