Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Holy cow I LOVE being a mom! OMG!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
That is a friends FB status right now. I assumed it had to do with her 2yr old ds doing something cool/awesome/sweet. Nope. It wasn't. Her sister commented "what did my awesome nephew do?" Her reply "he was born! I just did my taxes. OMG"

Seriously?! This girl certainly doesn't win mom of the year in my book for a few reasons, but that's a new low IMO. Your child is not a pay check! Knowing her, her son will see very little of the return. It will most likely be spent on going out, getting her hair done etc... Not spent smartly. Smh.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol... Hey it pays to have kids. I joked about the same thing with my husband from doing our taxes this year. Who cares? It's a joke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Maybe she was trying to be funny....

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM

AWW....what a bitch...a selfish bitch. When we get earned income for the kids I always buy them something totally awesome and expensive....and lots of new clothes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
That's true lol. But still.... Her next comment was "I love ds more this time of the year than any other time of the year!"

Idk. Maybe if she actually spent time being a mom or with her son more I wouldn't think any thing of it. But she's the type who pawns him off to his dad or her parents every weekend to go out. Sometimes for 2-3 days at a time. Last summer she left him for 3 weeks to go to some place with this guy she dumped 2 weeks later. The year before she went on a cruise for 10 days, left ds at home (with a different guy, not the father). Once she left her ds with a friend for what was supposed to be a few hours. It was almost 24 hours before she came back for him. Smh.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Lol... Hey it pays to have kids. I joked about the same thing with my husband from doing our taxes this year. Who cares? It's a joke.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Big deal, when my son was a baby, he had a onesie that said "Daddy's little tax deduction." I'm sure she was just joking.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! We even had Daddy's little tax deduction onesies .
It's just a joke.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

See I still see it as her joking. But I don't know her personally and even then I don't judge other people's choices and actions. It's not my place to try and correct or judge. If I don't agree or like then maybe our values are to far off from each other and our friendship shouldn't be. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's true lol. But still.... Her next comment was "I love ds more this time of the year than any other time of the year!"

Idk. Maybe if she actually spent time being a mom or with her son more I wouldn't think any thing of it. But she's the type who pawns him off to his dad or her parents every weekend to go out. Sometimes for 2-3 days at a time. Last summer she left him for 3 weeks to go to some place with this guy she dumped 2 weeks later. The year before she went on a cruise for 10 days, left ds at home (with a different guy, not the father). Once she left her ds with a friend for what was supposed to be a few hours. It was almost 24 hours before she came back for him. Smh.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

"Calm your tits... It's not that serious."
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

He's a cute little tax deduction though. I am completely kidding.

tessamalk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

DH and I joke about that at tax time too; the tax credit for having kids IS pretty awesome, whether you're a great parent or a shitty one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Lol. Last year I bought a boat load of clothes for the year for ds. I put the rest away knowing that there would be a time I wouldn't be working while in school and needed to have some cushion JIC.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

AWW....what a bitch...a selfish bitch. When we get earned income for the kids I always buy them something totally awesome and expensive....and lots of new clothes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN