Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO HAPPY!!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

I found out that my sister is 5 weeks pregnant! I may suggest this site for her, but I'm not sure just yet. lol

The only problem is... is dh. My sis married a Jamaican, and dh is more or less a racist. He's toned it down while around the family, and he's even admitted that Leo (bil's name) is an alright guy.

But still, when dh found out, he laughed and said "there's gonna be a little n***let in the family!" We all yelled at him, I cussed him out about it that night...

My sister already doesn't like dh, never did (they graduated school together). Is there anything I can do/say to dh to be civil to this baby when s/he arrives? They live in NC, and we're in NY but I want to visit sometimes as a family!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

.....why would you be with someone that is racist and wouldn't accept your loved ones.....

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

That is a crappy situation.. I would absolutely be mortified if my SO was a racist like that. He doesnt even hide it it sounds like.

I would flat out tell him if he ever says ONE ill thing about future nephew/niece, that would be the end for me. But that's just me.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I could not be married to a racist.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Tell him to keep his damn opinion to himself.

How would he feel if someone said to him in public

"God look at the white cracker, i bet he has a little penis"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

you chose to marry a bigot and bring that horrid influence upon your poor family.  there isnt much you can do except perhaps visit her alone so that she doenst have to have such evil in her life. your choices DO affect more than just your own life... you chose this and it says just as much about you as a person as it does about your husband.

ksueditz
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I would tell him, this is my FAMILY, you're talking about. When you disrespect them, you disrespect me, AND our children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM

almost my whole family is racist. but to a point. they keep it to themselves for the most part. I don't know how or why I'm different from them, but I think its wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

you chose to marry a bigot and bring that horrid influence upon your poor family.  there isnt much you can do except perhaps visit her alone so that she doenst have to have such evil in her life. your choices DO affect more than just your own life... you chose this and it says just as much about you as a person as it does about your husband.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Tell him to keep his shitty comments to himself. We all think nasty things but the difference is that some don't say it out loud.
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I have no advice.. I don't know what I would do, because I would never marry someone who is racist.

Mcelly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Is he really racist, like he really means it? Or is he doing that just to bother you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN