Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Selling WIC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies

http://lansing.craigslist.org/bab/3591142903.html

Nice. Real class act they are. And wouldnt you know, they were "bought for them". I bet.

No, this isnt to debate WIC, which is a WONDERFUL program used the right way by most. Its just to point out that a lot of people are assholes. These should be turned into the WIC office so they can give them out or donate them to a food pantry

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I doubt they were WIC.  WIC only supplies Gerber now, not Similac.  When I've sold my Enfamil I always put "bought for my son" Based on the ad I'd not assume nor imagine this was a WIC purchase

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

In MI as long as you have a prescription for a specific formula, they will buy it. That is a very commonly prescribed formula. And in MI....Gerber isnt common

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

I doubt they were WIC.  WIC only supplies Gerber now, not Similac.  When I've sold my Enfamil I always put "bought for my son" Based on the ad I'd not assume nor imagine this was a WIC purchase

honey27
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Why would u think they got it from wic?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Unless it was prescription..

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Who the hell has 103 cans of unused formula????

Quoting honey27:

Why would u think they got it from wic?

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
It depends on the state. When I had WIC with my oldest, my state had a contract with Similac. A friend is having a baby next month, and it is now Enfamil in my state. I always donate my formula samples (or rejects in the case of my MSPI son) because although I don't get WIC anymore, I would hate for someone to think I was doing something shady anyway. It happens a lot where I live, unfortunately.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Ugh I hate the WIC sellers on fb.
KAmomma1113
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
I dont think I even went through that many cans when my baby was on formula so I dont think WIC bought it either but why in the crap would you even have that many cans of formula??? Rob a grocery store? Taint the formula? Seriously!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

not true. we are on WIC right now and we get similac. in fact we can get any formula we want. when I went in there they asked what formula we use and want. we could get whatever we want. it just depends on the local office I guess.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

angevil53
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Here all wic uses is enfamil premium but with a dr note they will provide any formula.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN