Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i do not want to go on pa but....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I might have to. Right now my dh, our son and I live with my parents. My brother will graduate college this may and will most likely move back. It is a three bedroom house. It is allready crowded and we have been here over a year. We can't afford our own place without assistance and it won't be an option to stay once my brother is back. I am really nervous how it will work. We would have to buy a second car so I can work more b/c right now I just work about 17 hours around my husbands schedule. We would have to put our ds in daycare. Which I am fine with. I actually really want to work more. But I don't think we can afford another car and daycare abd extra gas. I did the math and I'd make about the same I do now. So we would have to have food stamps and some sort of cash assistance for rent and utilities. I just don't know what to do. What would you do? No bashing please I just need advice. Oh, also I want to go back to school this year to get certified as a rad tech it is two years. But I can't if I have to work full time. There is no one to watch my da outside of 8-5 which is daycare hours. Advice? I am very stressed.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Why haven't you been working and saving while living with your parents for the last YEAR?

Why are you assuming you will get extra money for rent? The lists for section 8 vouchers are closed all over the country.  Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
We save as much as we can but there isn't much left over. We still help out with money every month so after all our bills we almost break even. I'm not assuming anything. And I live in sc

Quoting Anonymous:

Why haven't you been working and saving while living with your parents for the last YEAR?

Why are you assuming you will get extra money for rent? The lists for section 8 vouchers are closed all over the country.  Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

We save as much as we can but there isn't much left over. We still help out with money every month so after all our bills we almost break even. I'm not assuming anything. And I live in sc

Quoting Anonymous:

well columbias list is closed-looks like there is about a 2 year wait.

Voucher Program Info

Status

The waiting list for the following counties will be closed effective July 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM until further notice.

Clarendon, Colleton, Dorchester, Fairfield, 
            Kershaw, Lee, and Lexington

Application Procedures

It is the Authority’s goal to offer rental assistance to applicants within 24 months of application. However, due to the large number of applicants on the waiting list and the funding level provided by HUD the Authority is unable to predict exactly when it will be able to offer rental assistance to those applicants on the waiting lists. It is currently taking three to five years to offer assistance to a family.

Applicants may only apply to one county waiting list and must be at least 18 years of age (or be an emancipated minor) or older to apply.

Applications may be completed on-line, or requested by mail or by phone only when the waiting lists are open. If requesting an application by mail, send your request to the address below. Requests must be dated, contain the applicant’s full name, current mailing address and must be signed by the applicant.

SC State Housing Authority
Voucher Program Application
300-C Outlet Pointe Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29210

To request an application by phone, call 1-866-701-0314 or 803-896-9153 Monday through Friday between the hours of 2:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. only. If using a Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call 803-896-8831.

General Voucher Program information may be obtained by calling (803) 896-8888 or by visiting the following HUD website by clicking here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I live in Beaufort county. I don't even know if they have it here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

well columbias list is closed-looks like there is about a 2 year wait.

Voucher Program Info

Status

The waiting list for the following counties will be closed effective July 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM until further notice.

Clarendon, Colleton, Dorchester, Fairfield, 
            Kershaw, Lee, and Lexington

Application Procedures

It is the Authority’s goal to offer rental assistance to applicants within 24 months of application. However, due to the large number of applicants on the waiting list and the funding level provided by HUD the Authority is unable to predict exactly when it will be able to offer rental assistance to those applicants on the waiting lists. It is currently taking three to five years to offer assistance to a family.

Applicants may only apply to one county waiting list and must be at least 18 years of age (or be an emancipated minor) or older to apply.

Applications may be completed on-line, or requested by mail or by phone only when the waiting lists are open. If requesting an application by mail, send your request to the address below. Requests must be dated, contain the applicant’s full name, current mailing address and must be signed by the applicant.

SC State Housing Authority
Voucher Program Application
300-C Outlet Pointe Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29210

To request an application by phone, call 1-866-701-0314 or 803-896-9153 Monday through Friday between the hours of 2:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. only. If using a Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call 803-896-8831.

General Voucher Program information may be obtained by calling (803) 896-8888 or by visiting the following HUD website by clicking here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

How to Apply

Public Housing:

Applications are accepted at the Central Office in Beaufort Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Applications are accepted at the Sandalwood Terrace and Yemassee Heights by appointment. See contact information below.

Central Office
1009 Prince Street
Beaufort, South Carolina
(843) 525-7059
Sandalwood Terrace Apts.
8 Southwood Park Drive
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
(843) 681-5309
Yemassee Heights Apts.
21 Castle Hall Road
Yemassee, South Carolina
(843) 589-3910

Section 8 Housing:

Central Office

Applications for Section 8 are NOT being accepted at this time.

The Beaufort Housing Authority has established the following preferences in its housing programs.

1. Displaced by natural disaster or government actions.
2. Working families or those whose head or spouse is in an institution of higher learning.*
3. Families who live/ work in Beaufort County.
4. All other applicants by oldest date and time of application.

*Working families include elderly head of household or spouse. This is the public housing application only.

Click here to download BHA application

Lists are closed in your county

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Thank you. So basically help with rent isn't an option. So we are screwed

Quoting Anonymous:

How to Apply

Public Housing:

Applications are accepted at the Central Office in Beaufort Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Applications are accepted at the Sandalwood Terrace and Yemassee Heights by appointment. See contact information below.

Central Office
1009 Prince Street
Beaufort, South Carolina
(843) 525-7059
Sandalwood Terrace Apts.
8 Southwood Park Drive
(843) 681-5309
Yemassee Heights Apts.
21 Castle Hall Road
Yemassee, South Carolina
(843) 589-3910

Section 8 Housing:

Central Office

The Beaufort Housing Authority has established the following preferences in its housing programs.

2. Working families or those whose head or spouse is in an institution of higher learning.*

*Working families include elderly head of household or spouse. This is the public housing application only.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

How to Apply

Public Housing:

Central Office
1009 Prince Street
Beaufort, South Carolina
(843) 525-7059
Sandalwood Terrace Apts.
8 Southwood Park Drive
(843) 681-5309
Yemassee Heights Apts.
21 Castle Hall Road
Yemassee, South Carolina
(843) 589-3910

Section 8 Housing:

Central Office

They do have public housing you can get into-but In many areas it isn't anywhere you would want to live.

How about you the husband and your BROTHER (third income) all move in-will he have a job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Yeah I know the only apartment complex here that is like that I refuse to live in. It is dangerous. I couldn't even walk alone. I doubt my brother would go for that. Idk if he will find a job right away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

How to Apply

Public Housing:

Central Office
1009 Prince Street
Beaufort, South Carolina
(843) 525-7059
Sandalwood Terrace Apts.
8 Southwood Park Drive
(843) 681-5309
Yemassee Heights Apts.
21 Castle Hall Road
Yemassee, South Carolina
(843) 589-3910

Section 8 Housing:

Central Office

They do have public housing you can get into-but In many areas it isn't anywhere you would want to live.

How about you the husband and your BROTHER (third income) all move in-will he have a job?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)