Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend threatening kids... EDIT AT BOTTOM.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
What do u all think of this?

I have a friend who has been involved with a guy for about six months. She is a single mom of 3, ages 9,8, and 6. She moved this dude in almost immediately because he was homeless and is a general scumbag who lives off ssi and food stamps even though he's perfectly capable of working.

All that aside, I don't get involved in who she chooses as a mate, but lately some of his behavior towards her kids disturbs me and is downright awful.

Every time I stop over to visit, I can 99% of the time hear his mouth from down the street before I even get in the house. He is constantly screaming and yelling at them about every little thing, and every sentence is literally littered with f-bombs... He threatens to 'whoop their ass' every five minutes and says things like 'if I was your father I'd be throwing your ass through a wall!' And similarly disgusting statements all.day.long.

He's a daily alcoholic and is drunk EVERY time I go over there, without fail. I have never witnessed him putting his hands on the kids but I wouldn't put it past them, he hits my friend all he time.

He also plays rough with the dog and what used to be a wonderful family pet is now a vicious biting machine because he said the dog was a pussy and needed to toughen up. He has now bitten 2 out of the 3 kids.

It's gotten to the point where I avoid visiting them because his antics are so aggravating that I can't stand it. I hate this man with every inch of my humanity for the way he acts in this house. He's a toxic personality and has brought nothing but misery to my friend and her children.. And it's getting progressively worse. The kids positively hate him and avoid him at all costs by holing themselves up in their rooms all day.

I have tried to talk to my friend but I feel it's none of my business and not my place totry to cajole her into leaving him...

I am concerned about the children, however. Their grades have plummeted this spring and they are exhibiting behavioral problems at school that they never had before.

I hate to bring the wrath on her house, but should I call CPS? Or stay out of it?

I'm really not trying to overstep my boundaries here and stay out of it, but I really feel these kids quality of life is going down and I love them like my own.

Wwyd?

ETA: I am here now posting mobile... I came to visit for the Superbowl and its the middle child's birthday as well... I was convinced hed be trashed but he's surprisingly tame tonight.

However, the youngest has a new dog bite on her arm and they are keeping her home from school tomorrow because they fear the school calling CPS and Animal Control on the dog. I'm absolutely livid. I've had enough. Cps WILL be hearing from me... This cannot continue.

Thanks again for all your input.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM
10 moms liked this
Call cps.those kids do not deserve to be treated like that.and no man better EVER talk to or treat my kids like that.id knock him
Into next week.what an asshole.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
11 moms liked this

Call CPS

this chick isnt a mother. A mother wouldnt subject her children to that monster

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Gross and she's ok with this? Love merica!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mayasmama11
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to bash I promise so if anything sounds mean, I don't mean it to.

But, why would your friend stay with him if he is so awful? Where is she when all of this is going on?

You said that you love these children as if they are yours. How would you feel if the dog attacked and SEVERELY injured one or more of them? Or what if in a drunken rage, he started beating them? Would you feel partially responsible? This man sounds like an absolute train wreck.

That said, I would look into involving cps. Those children do not deserve to be treated that way. Your friend is an adult and is entitled to her own choices, but why put the kids in that position?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM

call CPS and I say this cause this sounds like it could turn worse and I dont think you want that call that one of those kids are in deed in the hospital cause he finally acted out on what he has been saying he will do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Oh man, I would call. That's horrible :( those kids deserve better

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Cps him...give her a wake up call.
ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
3 moms liked this

omg I wouldnt care if she hated me, i would call cps ASAP. it's a beating waiting to happen. those kids are feeling like crap, and they dont deserve it.
personally, i'd put dude in a coma for treating me/my kids that way. 

Momyplease
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I cant even read the whole story its to upsetting. I would talk to her then if she doesn't do something about him I would call cps. prepare to loose a friend to save her kids. but it will worth it. And she will come around later when she gets her sense together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Try talking to her. If that fails, or you don't think you can do it, call CPS.

The kids are at risk. She is at risk. The dog is at risk. Everyone is at risk.

This is something to worry about, and is worth getting involved over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured