Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only stupid people or little kids get motion sickness Edit ****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Kids get motion sickness because they're still getting used to what the world is and how they exist in it, Adults get motion sickness because they're too stupid to comprehend they're moving even while sitting on their butts.

Edit for those who don't understand why :  I equate self control and will power to intelligence. Both of which have been able to subdue the effects of motion sickness in people . Some people.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (121-130):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
This. Vertigo sucks

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Stupidity never ends. I have inner ear issues. It throws off everything and causes motion sickness from time to time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

And yet no one can explain to me why I am wrong.

Quoting Tal0n:

Mostly because you don't really know what you're talking about.

Next you'll say that morning sickness is only for women who know they're pregnant or some such nonsense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tal0n:

*shrug* I get motion sickness from 3-D movies, IMAX and lately I got sick from The Hobbit bc of the seats we were sitting in, even though it was filmed standard.  (Nothing fancy, in other words)

Sorry, your theory doesn't fly.

Why doesn't it fly?

It's appalling that anyone has to. I guess you're more stupid than we initially gave you credit for.

Ok, here it goes. I hope I'm not using big words for you. Motion sickness is a matter of PERCEPTION. Several different  BIOLOGICAL processes go into the sensation of movement. When only some of these BIOLOGICAL processes receive the triggers of "movement" while the others don't, they send conflicting signals to your brain. It's all BIOLOGICAL, it's something our body does on its own. It has nothing to do with your level of intelligence. It's not the "whoa! How can I be moving if I'm sitting down!" crap you mention. It has nothing to do with what entitles intelligence: abstract thought, understanding, self awareness or reasoning. You may be smart enough to realize the freaking car is moving and still feel sick because the signals sent to your brain are not conscious, it's something BIOLOGICAL your body is created to do.

Our bodies have several reactions that we don't control. Those reactions have nothing to do with our IQs, they're BIOLOGICAL and automatic. When your eyes detects "movement", for example, while your body position and your inner ear don't, each part sends a conflicting signal to your brain, making you feel that motion sickness many very intelligent people feel during 3D movies or movies with a lot of movement, like "Blair Witch Project". The same happens in a boat where your body and inner ear feel the movement but your vision doesn't: Conflicting messages to the brain.

Clear enough for you?

ivy801
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Let me guess you read it on the INTERNET.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe it. I didn't have motion sickness until I had kids and I know they are stealing my brain cells. With each pregnancy I feel dumber and dumber lol.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Only stupid people make stupid ass comments like this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

OPs ass.

Quoting Pnukey:

Where did this "gem of wisdom" come from?

momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Quoting AllofFive19:

OPs ass.

Quoting Pnukey:

Where did this "gem of wisdom" come from?

LMAO!

GrimmLotus
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

lol Wow

scoutfamilyof7
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Ummmm, ok...blank stare

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Actually being nearsighted makes you more likely to get motion sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN