Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only stupid people or little kids get motion sickness Edit ****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Kids get motion sickness because they're still getting used to what the world is and how they exist in it, Adults get motion sickness because they're too stupid to comprehend they're moving even while sitting on their butts.

Edit for those who don't understand why :  I equate self control and will power to intelligence. Both of which have been able to subdue the effects of motion sickness in people . Some people.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (171-180):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

"I wish I could say the same, you're not even humoring me."

Well, of course. That's because I wasn't being funny, but you'd have to be somewhat smart to realize that and well... You're not

Keep telling yourself that.

Givemefive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I think it is way beyond stupid to call people who get motion sickness stupid. I get it and I am not stupid.

pampire
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Really bored today are you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

"There's the problem. I'm not saying that at all.

Of course they realize the car is moving.

But their brain can't process that the movement is seperate from their body moving."

Sure. But that has nothing to do with INTELLIGENCE. As I explained to you in the post you obviously ignored, it's a BIOLOGICAL process involving the many stimuli that detect movement. They send conflicting messages to your brain. It's BIOLOGICAL, not COGNITIVE.
mcclainprincess
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I get motion sickness on the swing.. I never did when i was a kid. :-(

*runs away to cry in a corner*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I get carsick if i sit in the backseat during long road trips. i must be stupid. duuuurrr *drools*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

"Keep telling yourself that."

Oh, I don't need to tell myself anything dear. I mean you're so smart you actually thought I was complimenting you, LMAO!
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM

oooookay, tell that to my sil who was puking 80 percent of the time on our cruise, and the many many people I saw wearing dramamine patches behind their ears. you know what nevermind, the troll bridges opened early today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

"There's the problem. I'm not saying that at all.

Of course they realize the car is moving.

But their brain can't process that the movement is seperate from their body moving."

Sure. But that has nothing to do with INTELLIGENCE. As I explained to you in the post you obviously ignored, it's a BIOLOGICAL process involving the many stimuli that detect movement. They send conflicting messages to your brain. It's BIOLOGICAL, not COGNITIVE.

There are millions of people all over the world that can control their biological responses that occur on such a circumstantial basis.

I'm not talking about overcoming the biological effects of cancer or diabetes,

It's as simple as a smoker overcoming the urge to smoke, a man overcoming an erection that happens at a bad time, the shivering of a person who is slightly cold while waiting for a movie to start...ect, ect.

Mental ability is not just about how many state capitals you can remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)