Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only stupid people or little kids get motion sickness Edit ****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Kids get motion sickness because they're still getting used to what the world is and how they exist in it, Adults get motion sickness because they're too stupid to comprehend they're moving even while sitting on their butts.

Edit for those who don't understand why :  I equate self control and will power to intelligence. Both of which have been able to subdue the effects of motion sickness in people . Some people.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

"Keep telling yourself that."

Oh, I don't need to tell myself anything dear. I mean you're so smart you actually thought I was complimenting you, LMAO!

I have no idea why on earth you would get that impression, but that's not the case. I just didn't feel like typing out anything else longer than that to describe my lack of caring.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Hmm.  Actual medical professionals have always told me that it's typically related to either an inner ear issue or an eye issue such as astygmatism.  But you probably know better than doctors, so...

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

"There are millions of people all over the world that can control their biological responses that occur on such a circumstantial basis.

I'm not talking about overcoming the biological effects of cancer or diabetes,

It's as simple as a smoker overcoming the urge to smoke, a man overcoming an erection that happens at a bad time, the shivering of a person who is slightly cold while waiting for a movie to start...ect, ect.

Mental ability is not just about how many state capitals you can remember."

Yeah, sweetie, that again has nothing to do with intelligence. I can control the hiccups at will, so I guess that by your definition I'm a freaking genius! LOL! And I quit smoking cold turkey, move over, Einstein!
By your "logic"- and I use the term loosely- you're pretty dumb yourself seeing as how you don't have the "mental power" to control your brain farts...
At least I'm smart enough to recognize a total FAIL when I read it, like everything you've said so far. Not worthy of anymore of my time. I'm off to play Mario with my boys now!
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Of all things to have thought long enough to have an opinion/judgement about, this would be the last on my list.  You must be very bored, OP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
My son has severe stomach issues that causes him to get sick in a car even if its only a ten min drive..... u dont know crap about anything hun.... go back to the whole u crawled out of....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My son has severe stomach issues that causes him to get sick in a car even if its only a ten min drive..... u dont know crap about anything hun.... go back to the whole u crawled out of....

**hole**

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Motion is sensed by the brain through three different pathways of the nervous system that send signals coming from the inner ear (sensing motion, acceleration, and gravity), the eyes (vision), and the deeper tissues of the body surface (proprioceptors).

When the body is moved intentionally, for example, when we walk, the input from all three pathways is coordinated by our brain. When there is unintentional movement of the body, as occurs during motion when driving in a car, the brain is not coordinating the input, and there is thought to be discoordination or conflict among the input from the three pathways. It is hypothesized that the conflict among the inputs is responsible for motion sickness.

The cause of motion sickness is complex, however, and the role of conflicting input is only a hypothesis for its development. Without the motion-sensing organs of the inner ear, motion sickness does not occur, suggesting that the inner ear is critical for the development of motion sickness.

Visual input seems to be of lesser importance, since blind people can develop motion sickness. Motion sickness is more likely to occur with complex types of movement, especially movement that is slow or involves two different directions (for example, vertical and horizontal) at the same time.

The conflicting input within the brain appears to involve levels of the neurotransmitters (substances that mediate transmission of signals within the brain and nervous system) histamine, acetylcholine, and norepinephrine.

So tell me...where does it say it only affects little kids or "stupid people"?  Or that youth or intelligence are in any way a factor in motion sickness?

Motion sickness, even among EXPERTS, of which you are most assuredly not, is not completely understood.  So tell me again...how does youth or perceived intelligence factor into whether someone is affected by motion sickness?

Find me a study.  Find me proof.  You made the assertion, now back it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet no one can explain to me why I am wrong.

Quoting Tal0n:

Mostly because you don't really know what you're talking about.

Next you'll say that morning sickness is only for women who know they're pregnant or some such nonsense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tal0n:

*shrug* I get motion sickness from 3-D movies, IMAX and lately I got sick from The Hobbit bc of the seats we were sitting in, even though it was filmed standard.  (Nothing fancy, in other words)

Sorry, your theory doesn't fly.

Why doesn't it fly?

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Wow, that makes a whole lot of sense!!  I used to get motion sick from reading in the car before I got glasses.  After I got glasses, I adapted, but the worse my eyes get, the more things I find trigger motion sickness where I never got it before!

I am SO nearsighted, if I took my glasses off the computerscreen in front of me...well, I can compensate and mostly read it, but it'll make me sick here in a minute, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually being nearsighted makes you more likely to get motion sick.

happy41ce
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM
You are a fucking moron.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melisawoosley
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Alrighty then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN