Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do the math. ETA:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Your weight divided by your child's weight. This is how many times your child's size you are.

Example: 130 lbs / 25 lbs = 5.2 times the size of your child.

Keep that number in mind every time to hit your little kid.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm just asking you to think about it. How frightened would you be as an adult if someone 3 to 6 times your size were coming at you to hit you? Even if it was just with an open hand (and of course not during whoopie time) wouldn't you be scared? Wouldn't you feel traumatized if someone that much bigger than you was "spanking" you to "teach" you to behave the way they expect and there was nothing you could do to defend yourself, no way for you to leave the situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Well said. But even if my child was the same size as me, I still would never hit him/her.

My husband is bigger than me and I don hit him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

And seeing as your hand is coming in contact with your child's body with the intention of causing pain, there is no difference.

Quoting wkukid:

I gotta admit, seeing I don't hit my kids I spank them made me laugh my ass off. Smh

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I'm very anti spanking. I did think it was hilarious that someone made that comment on the first page of this, I'm shocked anyone could be as dense as she is.

Quoting Anonymous:

And seeing as your hand is coming in contact with your child's body with the intention of causing pain, there is no difference.

Quoting wkukid:

I gotta admit, seeing I don't hit my kids I spank them made me laugh my ass off. Smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I just can't believe people actually say that. Are they that stupid or just trying to justify physically assaulting a small child? 

Quoting wkukid:

I'm very anti spanking. I did think it was hilarious that someone made that comment on the first page of this, I'm shocked anyone could be as dense as she is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I found it funny as well:)

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
What if I kick them?
itextndrive
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM

i was told there'd be no math....

pce68
by Patti on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

My child is the almost the same weight as me and taller than me so does that mean it's okay to hit her, bc there are some days I'd like to start.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

You were lied to.

Quoting itextndrive:

i was told there'd be no math....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I'm 8 times his size but I don't hit him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured