Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM with a Masters Degree and a Hefty unpaid Student Loan

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 535 Replies
15 moms liked this

What a waste of money considering many SAHM plan to SAH until their kids graduate and by then they are old and outdated in their education burdening their spouse/SO with the hefty stupid loan with a degree you dont even use.

Just my opinion

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Well I do have a point then they sit around whining they are always broke and in debt. Well duh, you spent six years in school and ran up a damn loan and your not even paying it off or working!

Quoting LyTe684:

Lol.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
6 moms liked this

wow we agree on something, I think its a waste to go to college just to say you went, go if you will use it but dont go just to make yourself feel better about being a sahm.

BTW im a SAHM with no college degree, and when I plan to go back to work it will be with the school district and what Im going for you dont need a college degree, and while Im working I will make a choice of what I want and then see if I need a college degree.

funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
22 moms liked this

I have a bachelor's degree and lots of loans and I am a SAHM. It sucks when I have to make the payment every month but stuff happens.  My life did not happen in the exact order that I would have planned, but I'm happy to be able to stay home and care for my kids.  Also I don't plan to stay home until they are grown,

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
26 moms liked this

I don't support the loans and debt, but I don't think that learning is ever wasted.  Pay as you go.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
39 moms liked this

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

lots of people with no college education gonna be hatin' up in here

shame on you!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I got a floral design certificate/degree when my first was born but sadly I couldnt get a job no one would hire me (apparently Im too over qualified or they wouldnt hire me because I was deaf).

I found other things to do though, i continued teaching dance through the school district and taught myself web design. Now Im in school 20 years later (age 41) for computer programming and graudate this spring. But I at least plan to get a damn job and pay off my loans.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

wow we agree on something, I think its a waste to go to college just to say you went, go if you will use it but dont go just to make yourself feel better about being a sahm.

BTW im a SAHM with no college degree, and when I plan to go back to work it will be with the school district and what Im going for you dont need a college degree, and while Im working I will make a choice of what I want and then see if I need a college degree.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Iagree. There are A LOT of SAHMs who go back to school but have no intention on using the degree and then are baffled when they have to start paying the loans back. And in a lot of cases putting the family further into debt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN