Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM with a Masters Degree and a Hefty unpaid Student Loan

Posted by   + Show Post

What a waste of money considering many SAHM plan to SAH until their kids graduate and by then they are old and outdated in their education burdening their spouse/SO with the hefty stupid loan with a degree you dont even use.

Just my opinion

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
Katt709
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
13 moms liked this
I have a j.d. And only practiced law for 4 years before becoming a sahm. Dh is the one that wants me to stay home so he pays my loans. I still have my license and still attend cle classes so I'll be able to re enter the girls when my kids are in school. I don't think it's a waste at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I think its fine if you plan to at least work part time once the kids are in school, but it really is a burden to leave your spouse paying it off. They are a bit of a burden.

Quoting funny_girl3:

I have a bachelor's degree and lots of loans and I am a SAHM. It sucks when I have to make the payment every month but stuff happens.  My life did not happen in the exact order that I would have planned, but I'm happy to be able to stay home and care for my kids.  Also I don't plan to stay home until they are grown,

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
3 moms liked this

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

nah.

Quoting Anonymous:

lots of people with no college education gonna be hatin' up in here

shame on you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM
4 moms liked this

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM
10 moms liked this

That's not being nosy, that's being judgemental.

Quoting thetrollcat:

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I know I mean there are so many other classes they can take that are CHEAPER through the school district if they want to learn new things but going to college is absurd and running up debts. That is what I did, I took local classes (crafts, accounting whatever) to keep myself busy.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Iagree. There are A LOT of SAHMs who go back to school but have no intention on using the degree and then are baffled when they have to start paying the loans back. And in a lot of cases putting the family further into debt.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Good point

Quoting Anonymous:

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Josie_P
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually agree but then again, maybe a women goes to college expecting to get a career after she graduates but ends up getting married and staying at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

*shrug*  It must be a burden the spouse is willing to bear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN