Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM with a Masters Degree and a Hefty unpaid Student Loan

Posted by   + Show Post

What a waste of money considering many SAHM plan to SAH until their kids graduate and by then they are old and outdated in their education burdening their spouse/SO with the hefty stupid loan with a degree you dont even use.

Just my opinion

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM

If you have intentions going back to work and using it then yes I understand that, but I see a lot of people go to college run up debt and never get a job.

Quoting Katt709:

I have a j.d. And only practiced law for 4 years before becoming a sahm. Dh is the one that wants me to stay home so he pays my loans. I still have my license and still attend cle classes so I'll be able to re enter the girls when my kids are in school. I don't think it's a waste at all.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this

most posts here are judgemental. Most replies are judgemental. If you dont like it, go somewhere else.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

That's not being nosy, that's being judgemental.

Quoting thetrollcat:

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting nomadbrat83:

I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I do homework, that is SOMETHING

Quoting Anonymous:

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Agreed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

kina pointless... unless you plan to go back to work once the kids are in school. Even if its part time.

Quoting Josie_P:

I actually agree but then again, maybe a women goes to college expecting to get a career after she graduates but ends up getting married and staying at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

You should get to it then.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I will after Im done pissing you off.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should get to it then.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Quoting ElitestJen:

*shrug*  It must be a burden the spouse is willing to bear.

Another good point.

southernbelletx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I am currently getting my masters and staying home. No student loan debt here. We budget carefully. I had a scholarship for undergraduate work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured