Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM with a Masters Degree and a Hefty unpaid Student Loan

Posted by   + Show Post

What a waste of money considering many SAHM plan to SAH until their kids graduate and by then they are old and outdated in their education burdening their spouse/SO with the hefty stupid loan with a degree you dont even use.

Just my opinion

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

When did I say I didn't like it?

Quoting thetrollcat:

most posts here are judgemental. Most replies are judgemental. If you dont like it, go somewhere else.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

That's not being nosy, that's being judgemental.

Quoting thetrollcat:

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Well, it's a good thing I paid off my student loans prior to having kids and becoming a sahm. =].

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

If you have no intentions of working why are you getting a degree?

Quoting southernbelletx:

I am currently getting my masters and staying home. No student loan debt here. We budget carefully. I had a scholarship for undergraduate work

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

that is smart planning ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, it's a good thing I paid off my student loans prior to having kids and becoming a sahm. =].

southernbelletx
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Also.. Of something happens to my so I can take care of the kids no problem. Your post is kinda silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, since I minored in developmental psychology I feel like my degree has really helped me with raising my kids, so you could say that I am working in my field, without pay.  My degree is in English and my 10 year old reads at an 11th grade level, possibly my degree has something to do with that.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think its fine if you plan to at least work part time once the kids are in school, but it really is a burden to leave your spouse paying it off. They are a bit of a burden.

Quoting funny_girl3:

I have a bachelor's degree and lots of loans and I am a SAHM. It sucks when I have to make the payment every month but stuff happens.  My life did not happen in the exact order that I would have planned, but I'm happy to be able to stay home and care for my kids.  Also I don't plan to stay home until they are grown,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

You never pissed me off in the first place so thats pointless.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I will after Im done pissing you off.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should get to it then.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I do homework, that is SOMETHING

Quoting Anonymous:

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

pce68
by Patti on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I don't see any reason to stay home with kids until they leave home anyway. Stay home for a couple of years then at least find a part time job. Once they are in pre-K or kindergarten get a full time job. JMO. Unless they are special needs or something that requires full time care,of course.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You didnt say you did either. You called me out on it. Therefore, I assume you have a problem with it. If you dont have a problem with it, why are you calling me out? Bored?????

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

When did I say I didn't like it?

Quoting thetrollcat:

most posts here are judgemental. Most replies are judgemental. If you dont like it, go somewhere else.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

That's not being nosy, that's being judgemental.

Quoting thetrollcat:

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

LiliM
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I agree. When I got married, I had just paid off my BA loans. Then I went back to school for massage, and paid those off recently.

But I worked even after having kids. It was parttime, and still is. I got my second career to facilitate working while having kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)