Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM with a Masters Degree and a Hefty unpaid Student Loan

Posted by   + Show Post

What a waste of money considering many SAHM plan to SAH until their kids graduate and by then they are old and outdated in their education burdening their spouse/SO with the hefty stupid loan with a degree you dont even use.

Just my opinion

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
Josie_P
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Yes but what if she didn't think she was going to be a SAHM? I agree with you to an extent but not all women choose to be SAHMs until they actually start having kids.

Quoting thetrollcat:

kina pointless... unless you plan to go back to work once the kids are in school. Even if its part time.

Quoting Josie_P:

I actually agree but then again, maybe a women goes to college expecting to get a career after she graduates but ends up getting married and staying at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Well then I guess I wont be doing any homework and will be sticking around to annoy you. WIN WIN!

Quoting Anonymous:

You never pissed me off in the first place so thats pointless.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I will after Im done pissing you off.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should get to it then.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I do homework, that is SOMETHING

Quoting Anonymous:

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Why do you care what other people do with their money?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I'm going to school when my son will be in kindergarten. I have 3 certificates but not a degree. I work p/t using what I've learned through my certificates but I want a degree. That'll be one year from now.
When I decide to have more children ill go back down to part time and focus on my family but still work a little to bring in some money and feel that I help financially as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Congratulations on your education. I have degrees in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics. It's a lucrative field.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I got a floral design certificate/degree when my first was born but sadly I couldnt get a job no one would hire me (apparently Im too over qualified or they wouldnt hire me because I was deaf).

I found other things to do though, i continued teaching dance through the school district and taught myself web design. Now Im in school 20 years later (age 41) for computer programming and graudate this spring. But I at least plan to get a damn job and pay off my loans.

Quoting StoneColdKiller:

wow we agree on something, I think its a waste to go to college just to say you went, go if you will use it but dont go just to make yourself feel better about being a sahm.

BTW im a SAHM with no college degree, and when I plan to go back to work it will be with the school district and what Im going for you dont need a college degree, and while Im working I will make a choice of what I want and then see if I need a college degree.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

It's fun to watch your fur stand on end.

Quoting thetrollcat:

You didnt say you did either. You called me out on it. Therefore, I assume you have a problem with it. If you dont have a problem with it, why are you calling me out? Bored?????

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

When did I say I didn't like it?

Quoting thetrollcat:

most posts here are judgemental. Most replies are judgemental. If you dont like it, go somewhere else.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

That's not being nosy, that's being judgemental.

Quoting thetrollcat:

because Im nosey.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Having kids is expensive. I cant imagine a student loan on top of it.

Quoting funny_girl3:

Well, since I minored in developmental psychology I feel like my degree has really helped me with raising my kids, so you could say that I am working in my field, without pay.  My degree is in English and my 10 year old reads at an 11th grade level, possibly my degree has something to do with that.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think its fine if you plan to at least work part time once the kids are in school, but it really is a burden to leave your spouse paying it off. They are a bit of a burden.

Quoting funny_girl3:

I have a bachelor's degree and lots of loans and I am a SAHM. It sucks when I have to make the payment every month but stuff happens.  My life did not happen in the exact order that I would have planned, but I'm happy to be able to stay home and care for my kids.  Also I don't plan to stay home until they are grown,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

You arent very logical.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Well then I guess I wont be doing any homework and will be sticking around to annoy you. WIN WIN!

Quoting Anonymous:

You never pissed me off in the first place so thats pointless.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I will after Im done pissing you off.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should get to it then.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I do homework, that is SOMETHING

Quoting Anonymous:

She has nothing else to do.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Byrd15
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Personally, thats the very reason I'm not going back to school. I just dont want to waste the money on something I know I will never use. I'd rather it go to my children.

I MAY take some weekend photography classes when the kids are a little older. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I love how you think you get me all upset or whatever. Yet I always come back and your always annoyed and I never give a damn either way. Ya for you!

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

It's fun to watch your fur stand on end.

Quoting thetrollcat:

You didnt say you did either. You called me out on it. Therefore, I assume you have a problem with it. If you dont have a problem with it, why are you calling me out? Bored?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I went to school but I am a SAHM now. I have about $24K in student loan debt that with a little careful planning, I can get down to $0 in no time. I do, however, plan to go back to work. Being a SAHM is overrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)