Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I demoted my sister from MOH to bridesmaid UPDATE UPDATE 2

Posted by   + Show Post
Why? Because my wedding is 3 months away and she hasn't done anything. I'm really not being petty. I have to remind her to do everything, she didn't invite any of my SO's family to my wedding shower, the people she did invite she put their name in the "for" instead of mine, his family thinks I forgot about them now or I'm stupid and can't fill out an invite, every one offered to help her (me and my bridesmaids) she asked her friends to help her instead, she "forgot" to tell the bridesmaids about dress orders now they won't get their dresses until about a month before they wedding.

There is A LOT more but that was just the last 2 weeks.

She told my mom she did a bunch of stuff she didn't do (I have evidence) and my mom called me all sorts of names. So whatever anyone wants to bash me about my own mother has already.

Then my mom (after believing all of my sister's lies) asked MY SO who's side he was on and then talked shit about me to him.

Vent over. Bash away. I do feel bad about replacing her but I honestly believe she wasn't ready for this. My SO (and everyone else) told me to replace her months ago but she is my sister, I defended her for so long but I do not have time to fix everything she messed up or will mess up.

UPDATE: I have questions to answer. My sister offered to do the dress orders. I insisted that I did them but my sister cried to my mom and my mom texted me calling me a controlling bride-zilla. So I backed off. A lot of things I backed off from, it was slowly turning into my sister and mom's wedding. When I would step in, I was called names and my sister would cry.

New MOH is my SO's cousin and my friend of 10 years. We met at her wedding. She is who I wanted in the first place but again my mom was mean and my sister cried.

Those of you who do not agree with me, I still respect your opinion and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Those of you who are being supportive, thank you. It does mean a lot to me even if I can't thank you all personally.

UPDATE 2: as the goes on I'm starting to find out more and more. My sister is ignoring me and SO asked if he could talk to her, my sister said "as long as it's not about what I did or didn't do" why is she avoiding the questions? Because this is what she has all our lives when she lies.

I'm even more mad she lied to me than anything else if she had done nothing and not lied about it she would still be MOH.

She wrote the new MOH a long letter and it's true she didn't do anything. She said "I just gave the invites to the main people and hoped word of mouth spread". Also, she was going hand out bachelorette party invites at the wedding shower. New MOH said a lot of her "ideas" were half baked and there is no way she could have pulled it off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Replies (131-138):
hexxuss
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Since I was adopted, and I've met my birth family, I can honestly say that blood is NOT thicker than water.  I have friends that are closer to me than my family, and my REAL Mum is the one who raised me.  This is YOUR wedding - NOT THEIRS!!! If they can't handle it, then they don't need to be involved, period.  I made the mistake of letting my ex's family get involved in mine, and it ruined my memory of my entire wedding - do NOT make the same mistake I did - this is supposed to be YOUR memory!!!!

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I don't blame you. My sister won't be in my wedding at all.
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

If she's not doing a good job and itsn't accepting help what other choice do you have? It's not like you're ousting her for the hell of it. Your family sounds manipulative. My mom would be all over my sisters ass if she pulled that kind of crap and would probably insist that I replace her if she didn't straighten up. For some reason we don't have those sorts of problems. 

teaspring
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Sounds like a truly nightmarish situation for you - I feel so bad for you, though, about your mom's actions even more so than your sisters! :(

hugzzzzz!!!

elliem87
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Thank you. It is a nightmare

Quoting teaspring:

Sounds like a truly nightmarish situation for you - I feel so bad for you, though, about your mom's actions even more so than your sisters! :(

hugzzzzz!!!

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's YOUR wedding and you do what you want :)

camo.roo
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Its YOUR wedding. You should have your MOH who YOU want it to be and things should be the way YOU want them.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quoting Kaybean:

My sister was my MOH and if she wasn't getting stuff done, I would have had others help to make sure it got done and shared my feelings with her. I would not have ever replaced her though. To me, being the MOH isn't just about getting stuff done. It's about that person being very important to you. No one in this world would have been able to replace my sister and I wouldn't dream of having anyone else have that special place.

I agree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)