Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding from HELL! Would you be offended?? *Crazy Mom-Zilla*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My cousin is getting married in March 2013. My mom let me know about the wedding in November 2012. I told her I really didn't want to go because I don't see what the big deal is. When my husband and I married three years ago we only had one guest (my mom) and it was a small affair. I did invite family members, but the chapel was 8 hours away from them so realistically I knew they couldn't make it.

My mom has turned into a total monster about this wedding. In January she begged my younger sister and I to come. She even told my sister she'd pay for my sister's boyfriend and their kids to fly out to the wedding as we live 6 hours from our nearest relatives. I told my mom that we (my husband and I) are interested in attending and we'd pay our own way. My mom's immediate response was: "Why does he want to come?" in the rudest tone ever. Keep in mind our extended family has never met my husband, my sister's kids, or my sister's boyfriend.

To say the least I was offended and told my dad to let my mom know I'm not interested in coming especially if my husband isn't wanted. So today I get a call from my mom asking if I'm still coming. I told her point blank no because I don't want my husband who's never met my extended family to be treated like garbage. I also asked her if any of my aunts and uncles alienated their children for not coming to my wedding. My mom tried acting all bewildered saying my husband can come if she chooses that's not her business.

Would you be offended if your mom reacted that way to your SO or spouse attending a family event?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

bump

mamanay041010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I would feel some kind of way I'd she even offered to pay for ypur sisters boyfriend. It makes it seem like she has something against your hubby. I mean wouldn't I be automatically assumed he is attending with you? I would feel really uncomfortable i f it were me like "what has she told the family" "why doesn't she want him there" but also if I was close with my cousin I would want to go and support her and totally ignore my mother for her shitty attitude
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

idk what  i would do. like with everything, there is more to this and everyones situation is different

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My mom has been running her mouth to her family about my husband in a bad way and that's why she doesn't want to go. She tried to tell me today she hasn't been doing that and if she did her family knows how to be discreet with such information. OMFG.

Quoting mamanay041010:

I would feel some kind of way I'd she even offered to pay for ypur sisters boyfriend. It makes it seem like she has something against your hubby. I mean wouldn't I be automatically assumed he is attending with you? I would feel really uncomfortable i f it were me like "what has she told the family" "why doesn't she want him there" but also if I was close with my cousin I would want to go and support her and totally ignore my mother for her shitty attitude

Luv_my_hubby
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I would be offended and point blank ask my dad "What the problem with my husband? "
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

She may have been confused since you had previously told her you did not want to attend. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM

My mom won't stop running her mouth about how "awful" my husband is. That's why she doesn't want him to come because then she'll have to eat crow. I'm not even sure why she called. I hung up on her too.

Quoting bustybee:

idk what  i would do. like with everything, there is more to this and everyones situation is different

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN