Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been 4 years to this day. My story.

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 57 Replies
8 moms liked this
Long story short- I was in an abusive relationship.

4 years ago my ex bf and I went to watch the Superbowl. I think it was Cowboys against the Giants? He was a Giants fan.

We drank a lot and we were in the car. I don't remember how it happened but basically I never knew that a car seat headrest could break open my skin and give me a black eye.

My neighbors called the cops because I guess I screamed loud enough to wake them up. My ex ran and the cops called out 2 more police agencies, as well as the K-9's and the helicopters.

He hid in an apt complex and can tell time by the moon. He came out of hiding 4 hours later and started walking to his friend's house.
The cops were waiting for him.
They came upon up and ordered him to the ground. They told him they are going to teach a lesson and started stomping.

2 days later I learn what happened. One arm is broken in 2 different places and the other is shattered, as the doctor called it.

I took him back because who else would wipe his ass or feed him?

I also went to sleep with a smile every night.

To shorten this story, I left about a month later and haven't looked back. I have a scar on my face to remind me of what I went through and a tattoo down the spine of my back of gladiolus. It's a promise to myself to know that I am worth more than that.

By the way, I can't go on without recognizing Maria Acosta from Monterey Park, CA. She died 4 years ago tomorrow by getting shot on her parents doorstep from her abusive ex-husband. She literally died around the block from me. I never knew her but she influenced me to cut of all ties with my ex.

I am a survivor.

Thanks for listening 😊💜 #purpleribbon

PS sorry if I don't respond. I wanted to post this before enjoying the game.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
viv212
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

New Message

This pic shows my little scar. My bf thought it was a cute dimple when we met.
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
4 moms liked this

You're a brave, strong, beautiful young woman, and I hope for nothing but the best for you the rest of your life. Take care, and be happy, you've earned it!

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a survivor too. Glad u got out!
Keyonsmom
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you made it out of that.
HotMomma2622
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Im happy you got out when you did and you found a awesome man to love you. Your still beautiful.
MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I am glad you are out of that situation. I am shocked you went back for a month.

hotmomofmakayla
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

You are a beautiful n strong woman. I am glad you out of that relationship. I was in an mental n emotional relationship for from Oct 2000 to April 2012. Like you I found a wonderful man who treats me like a queen n loves my daughter like his own. It took me a while to get use to him treating me good since I was used to be treated like a slave/maid n made to feel like I was the ugliest person alive while with my EX. 

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Am so glad you are a survivor and left his ass. Tonight is the night when domestic violence rages around the country. So sad :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I know. Looking back I realized how utterly stupid I looked. This time was different though and I set a line in my head that if my bf passed that line I promised myself I would leave.

I wish I would have let him fend for himself with 2 broken arms.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I am glad you are out of that situation. I am shocked you went back for a month.

viv212
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I know here feeling.

I remember first living with my bf and I told him, "Don't get mad at me, but I accidentally spilled food inbetween the crack of the counter and the fridge". I thought he was going to talk shit to me at least.

Or the other day when I was almost falling off the bed trying to grab some blankets off the floor and I was so thankful my bf didn't kick me off.

12 years is a long time. I'm glad to know you are safe and free.

Quoting hotmomofmakayla:

You are a beautiful n strong woman. I am glad you out of that relationship. I was in an mental n emotional relationship for from Oct 2000 to April 2012. Like you I found a wonderful man who treats me like a queen n loves my daughter like his own. It took me a while to get use to him treating me good since I was used to be treated like a slave/maid n made to feel like I was the ugliest person alive while with my EX. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured