Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cps worthy, for sure *eta* update 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am the only thing standing between my sister, and cps. She flat out deserves to lose her kids, but my heart couldnt stand to let that happen.

She has 3 kids. 2 teen boys, and 1 9yo girl.

Their house is disgusting. It has damn near literal biohazards. There is poo from their chihuahua that died last year, boogers on the walls, NO food in the house, ever... I cant even list everything wrong in their place. You cant walk through the house without tripping, there are condoms & wrappers from her 17yr old boy scattered all over the boy's rooms, the bathroom, and the livingroom.

They eat at their friends houses, school, our house, everywhere but home.

My sister has a bf, that buys her food, and clothes. She works 2 part time jobs, but is home every night.

I had no idea it was so bad over there :( she called me a couple months ago, because one of her dds friends came over, and told her mom how dirty it was. The friends mom reported it. So my sister called me to help clean up. It was the first time I had been in her home for a few years. They gave her 30 days to clean up.

I did 99% of the work. Her, her teens, and even dd wouldnt get off their lazy asses to help me. Cps checked, and okayed it, but said they would be back to continue folow-ups.

Well, I went back 2 weeks later, and it was just as bad!! I made her boys clean the livingroom & kitchen. Left a note with instructions to finish the rest of the house. She never did it, and never made the kids.

I came back this week, to work in her room, and bathroom... I almost vomited. There were used tampons under the bed, a bag of trash in the bathroom that was FULL of poop covered napkins & paper towels. Aparently they broke their toilet weeks ago... so they couldnt flush tp. Then they ran out of tp.

The list goes on and on.

I cant stand it. I get so tempted to let them take her kids, but I'm the only family they have, so the kids would end up at my house :( idk how to handle it anymore.

*eta*

I have no problem taking the kids in. None at all. My problem was, if they knew I called, they would be living with me AND hating me for calling, therefor making it hard for me to help them turn their lives around, since they wouldnt give a shit what I said anymore.

I have since been informed in comments, that I can call anonymously, or even call police. I did not know either of those things, and it definately gives me a new outlet to consider.

Update 2
I talked to my sister this morning. I told her that me doing all this work, and he doing nothing had to stop. I talked to her and asked how long its been this way, and why.
Long story short:
She had a misscarriage 6 months ago. Nobody knew she was pregnant. She was 4-5 MONTHS along. She was hospitalized when she had told everyone she was working that evening. She almost bled out and died!! Her house had (supposedly) been clean up until that point. (I say supposedly because of the dog poo) but I guess because of missing a lot of work, she lost her weekend job. We didnt know she couldnt afford food. She applied for PA, but was denied because she made 50$ a month too much. She was too ashamed to ask us for help.
It made her depressed.
She has agreed that if I will continue to help, that her & the kids will do all the work. She said she needs my direction to know where to start, and help motivate her kids. She begged me to let her prove that they can change.
I agreed that I will give her 2 weeks to prove it. I will go there every wednesday & saturday, to check progress and give them chore lists. I also volunteered to buy them some food when I go shopping every week, as long as she either looks for another job, or starts getting more hours at the job she has left. She said I can also come in and check randomly if I want, and gave me a spare key to their back door.

It is more in depth than I can really get into right this minute, but I think there IS hope! And that makes me happy.
I am resigned though, to calling CPS if they dont get up and do their jobs. 2 weeks is a time period I feel willing to wait out.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
9 moms liked this
For the sake of your niece and nephews, you should call. They don't deserve to live in a home like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
6 moms liked this
It is your job to stand up and speak for children who cant speak for themselves
Always
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

the boys are older, I wouldn't care so much ... but the 9yr old girl .. i would take her home with you.

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Call cups. Someone has got to teach those kids better before its too late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM
9 moms liked this

Stop cleaning for her. She is an adult, and frankly, if CPS has to step in for her to realize what she is doing, then maybe they have to.  You are not doing her or her children any favors by doing it for them. 

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

those aren't "damn near literal biohazards", they are biohazards.  no "near" about it, human and animal waste and blood are hazardous and should not be left around.

do the right thing and call.  or are you going to go clean her house every week because she's just shown you she isn't going to even bother maintaining what you worked to clean.

dudestfd
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Then call and let them take the kids. You do not have to take them in. Besides kids over 16 have the choice to stay or leave so if they want to stay you would only have to take in the kids under age and that is only if you want to.

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Your sister doesn't love her kids. Call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this

It is CPS worthy.  I was nauseous just reading this.  Have you asked your sister what her problem is that she doesn't mind living in a stink hole like that?  What's her excuse  for making her kids live in that?  If it doesn't get cleaned up and stay cleaned up, I'd be making a phone call.  That's just wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I would call... That's horrible. Those kids are old enough to clean and she should be helping. They should all be cleaning and not having food... Wow! Def call CPS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)