Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SNORING Husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Any remedies for a snoring husband? He uses nose strips and that silly mouth guard from the TV commercials but even put together they don't always work! I swear he has sleep apnea but I can't convince him to go the doctor to have a sleep test and get a breathing machine. It's so frustrating! He sleeps down on the basement couch many nights because he's tired of my nagging and doesn't want to wake me up. I miss him in our bed!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Clothes pin?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelletx
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Mine has sleep apnea. I've never ever heard a worse snorer. Have u tried ear plugs :) I miss mine snoring when he works out of town
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I've had to resort to ear plugs lately. I swear some nights the walls shake because he snores so loud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thatsme.
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Punch him in the cock and tell him to lay on his stomach. Lol! Jk

My SO only snores when he's on his back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM
3 moms liked this

OH OH OH That's my husband!! I KNOW it's apnea, but he won't go to the doctor. I have learned to deal with it over the years, but I still hate it. He sleeps on the couch a lot, but not because I make him. It's just more comfy I think.

At least if he's snoring, he's still breathing and the apnea hasn't killed him yet. Trying to stay positive. . .

bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

ear plugs - for you

HouseKatof2
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Does he only snore on his back, or is it no matter what position he is in?

My husband snores if he is flat on his back because of the way his soft pallet relaxes. I also have very little doubt that he probably has a bit of sleep apnea. Knowing that he would never go for a sleep test because he would never agree to have a CPAP mask strapped to his face at night, I found other ways to keep him from rolling onto his back... Like sewing a tennis ball into the back of a couple T-shirts. He wore them for about a month, until he got into the habit of sleeping on his sides. Once in a while he has to go back to wearing them to remind himself to stay off his back. 

When he is sick he will snore no matter how he is laying. I have those silicone ear plugs for those nights. I tear one in half (even though they say not to) and put half in each ear. Sleep just fine after that.  

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Have you explained how dangerous sleep apnea is? My husband stopped breathing literally HUNDREDS of times during his sleep study. Scary stuff. The cpap machine is a miracle. It's made my life, and I guess his too, so much better. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I just punch mine in the shoulder and say cut it out yur scaring the baby
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My hubby has sleep apnea and has a machine..nights are hell when he doesn't use it! Has he tried sleeping on his side? He really does need to go get tested-sleep apnea is serious business..nag him until he complies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)