Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I have Hodkins lymphoma

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Im really concerned I have it because for the last year I have been having enlarged lymph nodes over my whole body (neck, chest, armpits, groin). They sometimes hurt and seem to become inflamed after excessive activity or drinking (even just one or two drinks). They seems to be extremely sensitive. And now I think my spleen may be enlarged because I can no longer eat large meals without the area under my left rib cage hurting and having a full feeling. Im very scared and starting to really worry. I had mentioned the nodes to my doctor before but they didnt seem worried.

DH and I are TTC and now im so scared to go to the doctor because I will probably have this and have to stop TTC or possibly even die.

I just went through Severe Dysplasia (Pre-Cervical Cancer) and have to have part of my cervix removed. Im only 26 but it just feels like its one thing after another, the first cancer scare was bad enough im just scared of potentially going through another.

ETA: For everyone thats being rude and attacking me about not going to the doctor, if you read above I DID. I even mentioned it to the OBGYN who treated me for my dysplasia. Neither seemed concerned, the first didnt even bother to exam me and the second just said they are a little swollen and that can happy for many reasons. Not much help there!! 

Also being able to just see another doctor isnt so simple. We have tricare (military insurance) and are required to go on base and see a PCM who is a nurse practitioner, we dont see doctors. I have to go through a process to request in change of PCM so that I can see another doctor. Tricare has to approve that, its not so simple as just making an appointment. Thats why im asking questions on here, its sometimes eases your mind if you have others who have been through the same thing and can give you advice...rather than being attacked when your scared. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quoting chalisa0:

Stop reading crap online.  It's very deceptive.  You probably have gall bladder disease (which just means you need it out.)  Are you overweight?  It also could be a thyroid issue.  If you are overweight, go on a diet and start exercising.   And go to the doctor.  

No im only 105 lbs, definitely not overweight. My doctor sucks, everytime I go in they just try to shove pills at me. It feels pointless sometimes. My doctor didnt even seem to care when I mentioned my nodes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

No that part was in the original post actually, thanks.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

She has also edited her post twice since I made that comment.

Quoting keeler_s:

She said she had them checked out before but her doctor didn't seem concerned. It's getting worse is why she's very concerned.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

So you have had these things for a year and haven't thought to get them checked out before? You would rather get pregnant and have a high risk pregnancy and a child that may not ever know its mother, then go to the doctor to find out what is really wrong with you? So adult of you!

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Sounds more like your gall bladder to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeler_s
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I see:)

Quoting Jennyanne322:

She has also edited her post twice since I made that comment.

Quoting keeler_s:

She said she had them checked out before but her doctor didn't seem concerned. It's getting worse is why she's very concerned.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

So you have had these things for a year and haven't thought to get them checked out before? You would rather get pregnant and have a high risk pregnancy and a child that may not ever know its mother, then go to the doctor to find out what is really wrong with you? So adult of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabba.land
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gabba.land:

There are a lot of other reasons that these things might be happening. Have you been running a fever or had night sweats, unexplainable weight loss?

HIV can cause your symptoms. So can syphilis, mono, toxoplasmosis, tuberculosis.

Maybe it is time to get a second opinion from another doctor.  

No, no fever and my weight hasnt changed in 4 years. My doctor is a military doctor and really sucks, they act like everytime I come in there nothing is wrong and im being a hypochondriac so it makes it hard to go in. They arent even doctors they are Nurse practitioners. When was having the issue with dysplasia it had likely been going on for a couple of years but they just kept saying it was my mirena. So finally it was detected by an urgent care doctor (during a pap) and at that point it was severe dysplasia.

If this has been going on for a year and you haven't had any fevers or noticed any weight loss I would find it safe to say that it is most likely not lymphoma. 

Call your insurance and let them know that you would like to seek a second opinion. They will give you a list of approved doctors you can go to. 

Luna091306
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Really? Wow. I had one swollen lymph node near my collar bone and the dr put me on antibiotics. He told me if it didn't clear up in a week to come back in so they could test me for Hodgkin's. Luckily, the antibiotics cleared it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

No that other stuff just started. I had the lymph nodes for a year. My doctor didnt seem to care.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting gabba.land:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gabba.land:

There are a lot of other reasons that these things might be happening. Have you been running a fever or had night sweats, unexplainable weight loss?

HIV can cause your symptoms. So can syphilis, mono, toxoplasmosis, tuberculosis.

Maybe it is time to get a second opinion from another doctor.  

No, no fever and my weight hasnt changed in 4 years. My doctor is a military doctor and really sucks, they act like everytime I come in there nothing is wrong and im being a hypochondriac so it makes it hard to go in. They arent even doctors they are Nurse practitioners. When was having the issue with dysplasia it had likely been going on for a couple of years but they just kept saying it was my mirena. So finally it was detected by an urgent care doctor (during a pap) and at that point it was severe dysplasia.

If this has been going on for a year and you haven't had any fevers or noticed any weight loss I would find it safe to say that it is most likely not lymphoma. 

Call your insurance and let them know that you would like to seek a second opinion. They will give you a list of approved doctors you can go to. 

Thank you, that makes me at least feel better for know. I told DH Im going to try and request a new PCM because mine is clueless. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Ya my doctor sucks pretty bad. I had a skin issue on my arm and he told me to just put a band aid on it. It kept getting worse and turned out it was impetigo. That was also diagnosed by an urgent care doctor. I have bad luck with my health, I dont get colds I just get everything else.

Quoting Luna091306:

Really? Wow. I had one swollen lymph node near my collar bone and the dr put me on antibiotics. He told me if it didn't clear up in a week to come back in so they could test me for Hodgkin's. Luckily, the antibiotics cleared it up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

No that other stuff just started. I had the lymph nodes for a year. My doctor didnt seem to care.

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I have dysplasia too.  It was discovered 17 years ago and I was really scared too because the dr told me I was only 1 step from having cancer. But as of today, I am still fine.  But if I were you, I would really go to the doctor about the lymph nodes.  There are a lot of things that can cause that to happen, and I mentioned in an earlier reply that something very similar had just happened to a friend of ours and even when the doctors thought it was going to be bad, in the end, it wasn't.  But really, please go and find out what it is.  Tell your doctor you want an answer.  I know it's scary but don't put it off.  Even if it is something, so much can be done now to help.  Take care and good luck and please keep us updated.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. This is my second cancer scare ( I had a cervical cancer scare, luckily it was just severe dysplasia) and the first one took my doctors forever to detect. Military doctors arent the best and they arent doctors they are nurse practitioners. My doctor said enlarged lymph nodes can be caused by anything. Even the OBGYN that treated my dysplasia told me the same thing about the ones swollen in my groin because I asked him if they could have been caused by my dysplasia. They arent getting better they just arent going down, and im strting to have more issues.

Quoting gypsy30:

Really, you need to get down off your perch.  Unless you're going through what she is, you can't know how scary it must be for her.  She said she mentioned it to the doctor awhile back and he didn't seem concerned.  Did you read that part?  Go post your insulting comments on another feed.  Or at least YOU try to be more adult. 

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Kitschy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Hodgkin's disease is so treatable, why wouldn't you go in right away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN