Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I have Hodkins lymphoma

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Im really concerned I have it because for the last year I have been having enlarged lymph nodes over my whole body (neck, chest, armpits, groin). They sometimes hurt and seem to become inflamed after excessive activity or drinking (even just one or two drinks). They seems to be extremely sensitive. And now I think my spleen may be enlarged because I can no longer eat large meals without the area under my left rib cage hurting and having a full feeling. Im very scared and starting to really worry. I had mentioned the nodes to my doctor before but they didnt seem worried.

DH and I are TTC and now im so scared to go to the doctor because I will probably have this and have to stop TTC or possibly even die.

I just went through Severe Dysplasia (Pre-Cervical Cancer) and have to have part of my cervix removed. Im only 26 but it just feels like its one thing after another, the first cancer scare was bad enough im just scared of potentially going through another.

ETA: For everyone thats being rude and attacking me about not going to the doctor, if you read above I DID. I even mentioned it to the OBGYN who treated me for my dysplasia. Neither seemed concerned, the first didnt even bother to exam me and the second just said they are a little swollen and that can happy for many reasons. Not much help there!! 

Also being able to just see another doctor isnt so simple. We have tricare (military insurance) and are required to go on base and see a PCM who is a nurse practitioner, we dont see doctors. I have to go through a process to request in change of PCM so that I can see another doctor. Tricare has to approve that, its not so simple as just making an appointment. Thats why im asking questions on here, its sometimes eases your mind if you have others who have been through the same thing and can give you advice...rather than being attacked when your scared. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I've had enlarged lymph nodes for years. They even biopsied one in my neck. I'm fine.

It's really not that uncommon and the good news is, lymphoma isn't usually painful. My cousin has non-hodgkins lymphoma and didn't have a clue until his tumor got so big it collapsed his lung.
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM

My mom is in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She did end up having to have her spleen removed. I would try to contact a cancer doctor immediately to be checked out by someone more knowledgable about it.

My mom was 18 when she was finally diagnosed. Back then, there were 6 stages to classify it. The 6th stage meant death. My mom was in the 5th stage. A couple years of radiation and chemo-therapy later, my mom found out she was 4 months pregnant with my brother. Naturally, they wanted her to abort him because of her health complications because my brother would die, my mom would die, or both of them would. She walked out, quitting her treatments, and left it all in God's hands. My brother is 27 years old now. When he was born his body WAS filled with radiation and stories have been told about the severe burning sensation when they kissed my brother anywhere on his body, rather it was his hands or his cheek etc. That of course passed, and my brother is as healthy as can be.

Due to health issues again, they also wanted my mom to abort me. I'm 22 with a 17 month old daughter now.

My mom is now 47 years old and has been in remission for years. She does have a few other health issues now, but they are not related to the cancer.

As far as your rib cage, I'm not sure about that.... that COULD be a completely different thing. My DH was diagnosed as having diverticulitis, and he couldn't even get out of bed for a couple days the pain was so bad, before he finally went to the ER and found out about it. He also has colitis. My mom had colitis but it progressed into Crohn's. She also has Celiac disease.

Though it was a very tough road for my mom, she got through it alive, and with both of her children alive and well today. I don't know what you believe, but if I wasn't a believer already, this story of miracles would definitely have me on my knees. Stay strong, get checked out by knowledgable professionals in the areas of your concerns instead of just a family doctor, and trust God to get you through all of this. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more, also. I can talk to my mom for more questions/concerns you have as well.

JocelynsMama1
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Most likely your stressing over nothing..however its always best to be on the safe side....so get into a NEW doctor...they cant make you stop TTC but at least you'll know what your up against and you can make the decision to get treatment if needed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Kitschy:

Hodgkin's disease is so treatable, why wouldn't you go in right away?

I have already spoke with my PCM but he treats me like im a nut job. I am trying to get a change in PCM so I can see a doctor who will believe me. Its sometimes a hard process and they have to approve my request. Having military insurance can be very difficult, we dont get to see doctors we see nurse practitioners. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for your story!! :) It definitely makes me feel better, im so glad to hear your mom is in remission and you all are doing so well! I am trying to put in a change of PCM so I can see a different PCM because mine is awful. I just want to figure this out before getting pregnant.

Quoting TigressLily:

My mom is in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She did end up having to have her spleen removed. I would try to contact a cancer doctor immediately to be checked out by someone more knowledgable about it.

My mom was 18 when she was finally diagnosed. Back then, there were 6 stages to classify it. The 6th stage meant death. My mom was in the 5th stage. A couple years of radiation and chemo-therapy later, my mom found out she was 4 months pregnant with my brother. Naturally, they wanted her to abort him because of her health complications because my brother would die, my mom would die, or both of them would. She walked out, quitting her treatments, and left it all in God's hands. My brother is 27 years old now. When he was born his body WAS filled with radiation and stories have been told about the severe burning sensation when they kissed my brother anywhere on his body, rather it was his hands or his cheek etc. That of course passed, and my brother is as healthy as can be.

Due to health issues again, they also wanted my mom to abort me. I'm 22 with a 17 month old daughter now.

My mom is now 47 years old and has been in remission for years. She does have a few other health issues now, but they are not related to the cancer.

As far as your rib cage, I'm not sure about that.... that COULD be a completely different thing. My DH was diagnosed as having diverticulitis, and he couldn't even get out of bed for a couple days the pain was so bad, before he finally went to the ER and found out about it. He also has colitis. My mom had colitis but it progressed into Crohn's. She also has Celiac disease.

Though it was a very tough road for my mom, she got through it alive, and with both of her children alive and well today. I don't know what you believe, but if I wasn't a believer already, this story of miracles would definitely have me on my knees. Stay strong, get checked out by knowledgable professionals in the areas of your concerns instead of just a family doctor, and trust God to get you through all of this. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more, also. I can talk to my mom for more questions/concerns you have as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Good lord. Step away from Google and go to a actual doctor.
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM

There are like a hundred reasons why your lymph nodes could be swollen and you simply might just be getting full easier. Go talk to a doctor and get a diagnosis before you freak out.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM

You think you may have a life threatening condition and you're worried about having to stop TTC?  You've had these symptoms for the better part of a year and are still not seeing a doctor for them, and have self-diagnosed a very serious condition.  I'd not only go see my MD for a complete battery of tests, but also a therapist because you sound like someone who's got Munchausen syndrome.

As for the severe dysplasia, I had it too, and went on to have four children after.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM
You may have hypochondria.
do11face
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Google always tells me I have lymphoma, lol. 

If you really are worried see your doctor to let them rule it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)