Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Desperately seeking help for lunch ideas for a 6 year old.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My dad is always trying to be helpful. So he has been packing my son's lunch for school. He enjoys it, and I hate to take that away from him BUT what he packs is so unhealthy. I had never asked before, I just assumed he was packing good things. My mistake :-/
We have been staying with my parents for the past week while my house is being remodeled. And I barely realized how gross they eat.
Nothing but processed junk. And my dad is so proud of it! Always talking about how cheap everything is.
Anyways I finally asked "what are you packing for Sammy"
He has been packing things like an entire can of spaghettios, slim jims, snack packs, and koolaid or even soda.
Ugh I was disgusted!

So....now I am going to start packing his lunches. And I need ideas. Also I'm afraid that since he is so used to all the junk that he won't want to eat my lunches.
I really need help!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Bump!
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
What did he eat before the past week??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Normal food. Lol
Well at home. But my dad has between packing his lunch the entire year. I just never realized what all he packed.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

What did he eat before the past week??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Bump! Come on. You ladies are always talking about healthy eating, but you don't have any ideas for lunches??
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Ill pack my dd sandwiches. Tuna, chicken salad, peanut butter (no jelly, she hates it). Sometimes I'll roll up lunch meat and pack some cheese and crackers. That's actually one of her favorites. I have a thermos and ill put some rice and chicken in it, Mac and cheese, home made pasta with meat sauce. Ill pack a fruit and sometimes a veggie but most of the time she brings them back because she's not a fan which sucks. Ill also pack a juice box or milk box. Get one of those things to keep stuff cool, not sure what they're called.. Ice packs? Idk lol. I also put yogurt and a spoon of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM

If he likes things like spaghetti o's then yiundontnyou get him a thermus and pack him home made spaghetti, ravioli, soups, stuff like that. Also, have a talk with him about healthy eating and start giving him the healthy snacks he eats at home. Give him things like tuna a crackers, celery with peanut butter. 

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

A bag of carrot sticks and ranch dressing, sliced apples, of course cant go wrong with a healthy sandwich just mix it up and do peanut butter and jelly, chicken salad, ham and cheese with lettuce etc., bananas, yogurt, baked chips.  You could also do whole wheat crackers and cheese which is healthy.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
www.100daysofrealfood.com

Has a great kids lunch section
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN