Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone been told they couldn't have kids, and got pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
I am still amazed everyday that I got pregnant. I had been told since I was a teenager that I probably wouldn't have kids (uterus tilted, lots of cysts, irregular cycle...). So I never paid much attention to it. I took bc to attempt to regulate my periods. But I was in between doctors (I was in so much pain I couldnt pee without crying and all my doctor would give me was motrin) and ran out of my pills. I had been on them for quiet some time and the package said it could take up to two years to get pregnant after stopping, and I was told I couldn't have kids. So dh and I didn't even blink about having un protected sex. Ta da I got pregnant in my first cycle after stopping the pill. I was floored! Happy, but very very shocked! Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

no, but I've heard stories about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep,I was told SIX different times that I could NEVER I have kids.I was then told after each child that it would never happen again...I have 5 children!
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I know of three people off of the top of my head that were told that, all of which have children. 

Pnukey
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My parents. They had 2 after they were told they couldn't have any.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I was told at 15 it would never happen. When I had my first child at 20 I was told again no way ever again...next child was born when I was 28. Next child at 29, and a stillborn at 30 (after having an ovary removed on #3). Now I am 35 and pregnant again. Uhhh they can be wrong.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I did
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM

No way! Mama is fertile! 

quailmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes!  I was told that I would need "technology" to help get pregnant!  Boy, was that doctor wrong!!  After a year of marriage, I went off BC and got preggo within a month.  Then, when my son was only 3 months old........bam!  preggo again...(and that was while on the pill).  I love it when God takes over!

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM

my friend was told she couldn't have babies and she got pregnant 3 times and they were all birth control failures too. It happens.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I though I had secondary infertility after ds was born. I miscarried twice. So I always thought its hard to get pregnant and if I do wouldn't substain the pregnancy. I had 2 sticky pregnancies after lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN