Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am so stupid, i know

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

i hate my son's dad manipulative ways.

he's in prison, and i've already spent like $400 on him so he can call. he calls ALL the time, and at $5/call- it went quick. told him to get on a schedule, but nope- he'd call 2-5 times a day!

a few days ago, something happened and now i have no access to my car or my money.

he kept saying 'i need you to put money on the phone'... or telling me to send him extra envelopes so he can write. i just sent him 9.... i'm not sure how many regular/forever stamps go on for it to be enough to send to him... usually, if its a big package- i take it to the post office so they can weigh it and send it out.

well- without a car and without money-- i cant do it.

he kept saying that i didnt care about him, that i dont care about talking to him b/c i wont put money on his account... or that i dont miss him b/c i wont put money on there.... but he KNOWS i dont have access to my money. he's making me feel bad, but there's nothing i can do about it!

i know. no one on here cares... he's in prison- he deserves to be, blah, blah, blah... adn i put myself in the position to be used by him. but it still pisses me off

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Ok what happened to your money and more importantly WHY are you still with this jail bird??

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Stop answering the phone. Stop sending him shit. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

is he your boyfriend? 

I dated a guy who went to jail ... It is tough. But only do what you can and don't take away from your son or yourself. It is not your fault he is in jail, so don't do his time. 

Don't answer the phone when he calls. Or limit the calls to only a few minutes.. u have the power to hang up 

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM
You need to learn to say no...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biomom1437
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM

be ferm.  don't let him walk all over u.  set clear boundries tell him i will put more money on the phone when i am able to again.  then tell him please only call like once a week or once a day whatever u feel comfortable with.  if he call more often just don't accept his calls.  STAND YOUR GROUND PERIOD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

ugh. thats what i NEED to do. i need to stand firm... but some times i cave b/c when i DO answer- its always 'what are you doing, where you been, why didnt you answer, who are you with' etc-- questions that IMO, he doesnt really have a right to demand. he can ask adn if i dont want to give up the info, then that should be that... but it keeps going.

even if i dont accept calls, it'll still be taken off his account.. at least i think. i tried to ask and he never answered.

for now though, i think i'm gonna avoid all phone calls. my phone bill went up last month b/c the amount of time i was talking with him.

Quoting biomom1437:

be ferm.  don't let him walk all over u.  set clear boundries tell him i will put more money on the phone when i am able to again.  then tell him please only call like once a week or once a day whatever u feel comfortable with.  if he call more often just don't accept his calls.  STAND YOUR GROUND PERIOD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM

nope. just my son's dad.. trying to facilate the relationship between the two mainly... but we're also 'friends'-- i mean, i THINK we are.. i'd like to be, but not if he's manipulative... and i'm not sure where his intentions are sadly.

i wouldnt take away from DS either... thats where i draw the line... but that line needs to be pushed up some b/c this is getting ridiculous

Quoting Anonymous:

is he your boyfriend? 

I dated a guy who went to jail ... It is tough. But only do what you can and don't take away from your son or yourself. It is not your fault he is in jail, so don't do his time. 

Don't answer the phone when he calls. Or limit the calls to only a few minutes.. u have the power to hang up 

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting biomom1437:

Honey,

Why is he in jail ? What did he do ?

He is a narcissists, Please come and check out my profile.

Maybe, we can help you understand, WHAT HE IS DOING TO YOU.( my siggy is clickable, just say, I invited you).

P/S  If you want help out of this......................

Siggy is Clickable to group

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

You definitely need to write him a letter and put some limits on calls or he is going to bleed you dry with phone cards. Tell him you can pay for him to call once or twice a week for a set amount of time.

meka26
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I would not send him anything. He would not run up my phone bill either. I don't accept collect calls from anyone. I would tell him to fuck off b/c the only person to blame for his situation is himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)